Junior Adventures Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Support the forum!

2 posters

Go down

Support the forum! Empty Support the forum!

Post by Onfy Sat Jul 01, 2023 7:11 pm

No, I'm not asking for money... actually, even if I wanted to pay forumotion I couldn't due to a quirk with how it's set up. I'm asking for your emotional support.
As you may be aware, many popular sites online are become extremely restrictive in what you can do with them, going as far as to limit how many ads posts you can view in one case. In my opinion, this really highlights the importance of small communities like this one!

So I ask you to consider logging into, using, posting on the forum more often. I won't restrict the amount you can use it! And remember, this is a community of Humongous Entertainment fans, but the conversation topic need not be restricted to Humongous.

If you have any suggestions on how to improve the forum, please reply to this post with them. Go ahead and use an adblocker, your mobile browser, I don't mind...
Onfy
Onfy
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/Obscurenforeign

OdieFreddi likes this post

Back to top Go down

Support the forum! Empty Re: Support the forum!

Post by SomeRandomHEFan Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:48 am

I appreciate the effort, but I'm afraid it's falling on deaf ears. Nowadays, I seem to be the only one who still checks this place occasionally. People have largely rejected conventional forums like this in favor of places like Discord, Reddit, Twitter etc. The fact that these are all owned by nasty companies doesn't seem to bother them (the recent failure of the Reddit API change protests comes to mind).

(FWIW, I don't think Forumotion is a very nice company either, what with them tampering with links to certain sites to send people to redirection sites and shove ads down their throat. Not that I blame Mr. Eight-Three-One for picking them, since they didn't do that back when this place was created.)

Why forums have died, I don't really know. Maybe creating accounts for each community was just too much of a hassle?

Regardless, as seemingly the only one left, it's hard to find the motivation to post anything here, knowing that hardly anyone will ever read it, yet alone respond. Personally, I haven't even really played anything from HE in recent history (though I probably will go back to my review series eventually). That said, I am approaching the finishing line when it comes to restoring the animal sounds to the remastered soundtrack for Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo. If anyone actually reads this, they should look forward to that. It really changes the way the music sounds.

SomeRandomHEFan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Onfy Fri Jul 14, 2023 3:10 pm

SomeRandomHEFan wrote:(FWIW, I don't think Forumotion is a very nice company either, what with them tampering with links to certain sites to send people to redirection sites and shove ads down their throat. Not that I blame Mr. Eight-Three-One for picking them, since they didn't do that back when this place was created.)

Yeah... I recall them doing that for some amount of years, but I don't remember how far back. I did disable some even more trashy "recommended" stuff they've started offering.

I had hoped there'd be a way to move the forum database but it doesn't look like there is. Even if I started hosting a forum without that sort of crap... yeah, it probably wouldn't be worth it would it? No one would sign up and it'd be a money sink...
Onfy
Onfy
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/Obscurenforeign

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down