Junior Adventures Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Unique" HE Memories

+9
Onfy
ElectroMan34
hefan1998
wileyk2012
MrEightThreeOne
Pizzaking27
CDCB
Retrodude
pezhead53
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

"Unique" HE Memories Empty "Unique" HE Memories

Post by pezhead53 Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:53 am

Just thought it would be fun to share some of my unique experiences with some HE games.
- The first time I ever beat Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo (the first game I ever beat) I heard the credit's music say "We are the Topiary Creatures!". As a 3-4 year old (can't remember exactly) I had know idea what "topiary" meant, so I went and asked my dad. The funny thing was, he didn't know either! Then, I'd say about a week later, I was playing the game again, and discovered where the song is sung in-game, I got my dad, and he said something like, "Oh, I guess a topiary is a bush". Just then my mom walked by and said, "Yeah, you didn't know that?", and I just cracked up laughing. Luther: BAHAHAHA!
- When first playing through Freddi Fish 4, I finally got to the part where your disguise let's you in the rustler's hideout. When watching the following cut scene, just after Freddi and Luther turn towards the screen and scream, the game suddenly crashed. Freddi: O_O What was my young mind supposed to do except assume the worst for our heroes? I had already played Freddi 5 previously, so I knew that wasn't the actual ending to the game, but I thought maybe I did something wrong and got some sort of non-standard game over. I eventually realized what was happening and just pressed Esc to skip the rest of the cut scene (this was actually how I learned about that feature). It wasn't until years later I got to see the end of that scene.

I may have more, but I can't remember them right now. Feel free to share any of your own personal experiences as well.
pezhead53
pezhead53
Adventurer

OdieFreddi likes this post

Back to top Go down

"Unique" HE Memories Empty Re: "Unique" HE Memories

Post by Retrodude Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:37 pm

Well, for some reason I have this weird memory of Freddi 2. You know the whirlpool maze that you go in to recover Casey's glasses? For some reason I remember that when I tried playing my copy of the game on a friend's computer, clicking on Luther in the area with the glasses made him use Freddi's dialogue! Could be that I had a really weird dream, though, since I was little enough to get the two confused. Actually, that might be the earliest dream I can remember!
Retrodude
Retrodude
Adventurer

https://www.youtube.com/user/JuniorAdventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by CDCB Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:25 am

I got a couple.

- I remember whenever I played Fatty Bear's Birthday Surprise as a 4-6 year old going down the chute always cracked me up.

- When I was 5, my dad and I played Lost Luggage on Let's Explore The Airport together and eventually got to Level 99... Dang HE for making it unbeatable! I used to play it all the time trying to beat it... it wasn't until YEARS later that I realized the truth behind it.

- I remember a dream I had circa 2002 where I would go into the kitchen at 4am and there would be games on the computer only available during the night, and one of those was Pajama Sam 4. Of course since it was 2002 at the time there was no Pajama Sam 4. I don't remember a whole lot from what the actual Pajama Sam 4 game was in my dream, but I remember Sam looking over a balcony in a factory of some type. It was kinda like the World Wide Weather factories, except I remember a lot of boxes and Sam flying with his cape or swinging on a rope...SOMEHOW he was airborne.

And no, I'm not thinking of the spoon catapult from the real Pajama Sam 4. Freddi: Laughing
CDCB
CDCB
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pizzaking27 Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:55 am

Hey! Why is my comment gone?
Pizzaking27
Pizzaking27
Adventurer

Location : 16 Gatekeeper Close, Braintree, Essex, United Kingdom

http://pizzaking27.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MrEightThreeOne Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:08 pm

Because the post you wrote was completely irrelevant and didn't add anything to the discussion. Talk about your Mario memories somewhere else, this isn't the place to do it.
MrEightThreeOne
MrEightThreeOne
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/legoking831

Back to top Go down

Post by wileyk2012 Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:20 pm

Hmm, I'll have to say that my brother and I used to always play the HE games as a team when we were younger. For a while there was a time when we'd never play one of them by ourselves, even if we could beat one on our own... it just seemed more fun that way. We'd even play the HE Classics as a team (it was especially fun doing so with "Putt-Putt Goes to the Moon."

In 2006, one evening when we were visiting one of my dad's co-worker's families (they have five kids, at the time two of them were teenage girls, two elementary/middle-school boys and a younger girl (four years old I think.) We played their copy of the Humongous Classics collection as "Putt-Putt Joins the Parade" and then "Putt-Putt Goes to the Moon" with them. My brother had a bit of trouble remembering the latter, but I was able to whiz right through it due to my memory and experience. I even had to show her that to get to the moon, you'd need to click the butterfly outside the fireworks factory window :P
I even showed off a couple silly tricks/glitches on the game, such as having un-fitting music play during the rocket launch, and "Hang on, Pep! It looks like that's where I'm headed! We're going in for a moon landing!"

wileyk2012
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by CDCB Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:23 pm

A couple other memories:

- I was playing Pajama Sam 1 when I was 7 I believe, and I remember telling my mom that the intro with Sam spinning down the swirly place at the beginning was the "scary" part.

- I remember the basics of the conversation I had after I got my copy of Freddi Fish 3.
Mom: Are you happy to have this game?
Me: Yeah! ...oops. I just realized this game comes with Humongous Heroes [compilation box set that was coming in the mail]

I still have the unopened game in its original wrapping WITH the price tag.

- I remember accidentally cracking my copy of Freddi Fish 4 by sitting on it...oops.

- I remember looking for Super Duper Arcade 2 and FINALLY finding it in a computer we hadn't used in several years. I believe the game was missing for...4 years at least. How I thought of looking in that old computer's disc drive I'll never know.
CDCB
CDCB
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by hefan1998 Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:10 am

I remember when I first bought the original Backyard Basketball. It was the only game I brought with me to my hotel when I was on a vacation at Disney World. As anyone who has played the game knows, the game is extremely glitchy and crashes a lot in-game, so (because there was no internet connection in the hotel) I spent most of my free time playing the game...but only looking at the player cards. Because I thought they were funny at the time, I bought many other Backyard games within the next few months just for the player cards...but then I got around to actually playing the games and I got very bored so I moved on to games that actually have variation in gameplay.

Ironically, the only thing about the Backyard games that I remember well was my short obsession with them detailed above. (Most of my knowledge today of the games comes from YouTube, TV Tropes, and the HE Wiki.) I remember more of Spy Fox 2 despite playing it much less at the time.

hefan1998
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pizzaking27 Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:24 pm

MrEightThreeOne wrote:Because the post you wrote was completely irrelevant and didn't add anything to the discussion. Talk about your Mario memories somewhere else, this isn't the place to do it.
...sorry... Putt: Confused
Pizzaking27
Pizzaking27
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by ElectroMan34 Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:12 pm

Retrodude wrote:Well, for some reason I have this weird memory of Freddi 2. You know the whirlpool maze that you go in to recover Casey's glasses? For some reason I remember that when I tried playing my copy of the game on a friend's computer, clicking on Luther in the area with the glasses made him use Freddi's dialogue! Could be that I had a really weird dream, though, since I was little enough to get the two confused. Actually, that might be the earliest dream I can remember!
Actually, that happened when I was playing Freddi 4 on ScummVM not too long ago. After solving the crime, Freddi told the rustlers they shouldn't take what doesn't belong to them, and then her following line "It hurts other people, and it's just plain wrong" came out of Luther for no apparent reason. But it was perfectly synched and everything!

Among a good many other things, a friend told me about holding SHIFT and clicking on the green car in Putt-Putt Enters the Race. (That skips to the race, for those who don't know.) It's a well-known easter egg now, but to this day I wonder how he himself figured that out. As a kid I assumed he messed around with every key and clickable item until he came across that combination, but now I realize that would be ludicrous.
ElectroMan34
ElectroMan34
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Onfy Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:44 pm

ElectroMan34 wrote:Freddi told the rustlers they shouldn't take what doesn't belong to them, and then her following line "It hurts other people, and it's just plain wrong" came out of Luther for no apparent reason. But it was perfectly synched and everything!

Onfy
Onfy
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/Obscurenforeign

Back to top Go down

Post by Retrodude Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:18 am

Actually, that happened when I was playing Freddi 4 on ScummVM not too long ago. After solving the crime, Freddi told the rustlers they shouldn't take what doesn't belong to them, and then her following line "It hurts other people, and it's just plain wrong" came out of Luther for no apparent reason. But it was perfectly synched and everything![/quote]

Yeah, I think that's a ScummVM bug that hasn't been fixed for whatever reason.

Oh, there's also the time when I beat Backyard Soccer for the first time. Holy cow that feeling was amazing, and the music sealed the deal.
Retrodude
Retrodude
Adventurer

https://www.youtube.com/user/JuniorAdventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pizzaking27 Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:39 am

Luther having Freddi's voice? Whatever next?
Pizzaking27
Pizzaking27
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Onfy Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:47 pm

Retrodude wrote:Yeah, I think that's a ScummVM bug that hasn't been fixed for whatever reason.

Probably because it's hilarious.
Onfy
Onfy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ElectroMan34 Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:51 pm

Makes sense to me. They're so close that they can simply speak for each other.

Difficult to say whether it's a shame or a blessing that bug doesn't pop up more often.
ElectroMan34
ElectroMan34
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Onfy Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:58 pm

Definitely shame. Unless you're part of the game's target audience anyway...
Onfy
Onfy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wileyk2012 Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:59 pm

How about when my brother and I would play "Fatty Bear" when we were younger? Back in the 1990s we often kept seeing a commercial for the Baby Born doll on TV (you know, the one with the 80s-sounding jingle going "Oh Baby Born, please don't cry anymore, cause your mommy is here, Baby Born Baby Booorn...") So my brother got the idea at one time when we played the game to decorate Kayla's birthday cake with the words "BABY BORN" on it! (Hey, you're celebrating the day you were born on your birthday anyways!)

To this day, I still like to sometimes make Kayla's cake just say "BABY BORN" on it with the flowers and sprinkles surrounding it (Matilda Rabbit would still always say "That's lovely!" about it anyways.)

wileyk2012
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by FallDownBear Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:45 pm

For reasons I can't quite articulate, the scene where Rover gets stuck in the slime in Putt-Putt Moon was the scariest thing in the world to me at age 5.

I never knew how to play baseball before Backyard Baseball. Let's just say I was an inside kid.

Being attracted to Freddi Fish, though it's hard to definitively say how unique that is. She doesn't seem too popular for some reason, though I should hope someone else shared my feelings. :)

I already mentioned this, but I would sometimes pop in Putt-Putt Zoo just to play the penguin hockey minigame, and nothing else. That was practically the whole game to me. To a lesser extent, this was also true for Spy Fox 1's Go Fish and submarine minigames.

FallDownBear
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Onfy Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:51 am

Oh, Freddi was popular. In France, the Netherlands and Belgium. Apparently they even had T-shirts!
Onfy
Onfy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by FallDownBear Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:26 am

Aww man, a Freddi t-shirt would have been excellent. I'd look on eBay but I doubt the sizes they made them in would fit me anymore. :P

FallDownBear
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Onfy Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:52 am

I wouldn't even know where to look. Ask Dutch people?
Onfy
Onfy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBeatlesPkmnFan42 Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:18 am

When I would play Let's Explore The Airport, I would play the luggage game so much. And in the same game, my brother and I would always be amused by the man at the gate who's make silly faces, so we'd click on him all the time.
TheBeatlesPkmnFan42
TheBeatlesPkmnFan42
Roamer

Back to top Go down

Post by PrincessRaineVillanueva Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:57 pm

Pizzaking27 wrote:Luther having Freddi's voice? Whatever next?

I was playing this game on My Phone (Using ScummVM). I heard that Luther has Freddi's Voice. I wonder if this is a Glitch.
PrincessRaineVillanueva
PrincessRaineVillanueva
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by AaronReturn2005 Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:47 am

I recall when i talked to my Friday school teacher (Pip) about Humongous Entertainment games, and she said she had one! I waited for the moment, and she came out with a copy of Freddi Fish 5! She played the game on our smart board for a while and I was more interested than the other kids. Apparently she plays their games slowly, so there’s no way I can do but she beat it once.

She also stated she had a copy of a Putt-Putt game (either Zoo or Race), but never got to confirm which one it was.

Last edited by AaronReturn2005 on Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changed it to a more fiting memory.)

AaronReturn2005
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

"Unique" HE Memories Empty Voice bug, is that on the official mobile port?

Post by AaronReturn2005 Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:12 am

Pizzaking27 wrote:Luther having Freddi's voice? Whatever next?

Can anyone confirm if this bug appears on the 2015 iOS port of Freddi Fish 4? Sam: Thinking

AaronReturn2005
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next