Junior Adventures Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Previously Undiscovered (?) Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo Easter Egg: "Rube Goldbird"

3 posters

Go down

Previously Undiscovered (?) Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo Easter Egg: "Rube Goldbird" Empty Previously Undiscovered (?) Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo Easter Egg: "Rube Goldbird"

Post by stevedsign1 Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:14 pm

I found this easter egg from back when I was a kid, playing it on my old Windows 98. Recently, I got back into it and tried to see if this easter egg had a name (like "Upchuck", "I Am The Moose", etc.). However, I couldn't find any mention or clips of this particular easter egg. I'm posting it here to see if others from the HE fandom know about it.

Please let me know in the comments if others have recorded this easter egg, either on video or on a wiki page somewhere. Thanks!

I tried posting on the subreddit r/HumongousEnt but I'm prevented for some reason, even from crossposting. Not sure why.

Anyways, if no one called it yet, I'm calling this on "Rube Goldbird"!

Thanks! Putt: Happy Face

stevedsign1
Roamer

OdieFreddi likes this post

Back to top Go down

Previously Undiscovered (?) Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo Easter Egg: "Rube Goldbird" Empty Re: Previously Undiscovered (?) Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo Easter Egg: "Rube Goldbird"

Post by Onfy Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:37 pm

Some of the games have clickpoints that could only be activated by clicking a particular sequence of hotspots. It's like a reward for playing around!
Onfy
Onfy
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/Obscurenforeign

Back to top Go down

Previously Undiscovered (?) Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo Easter Egg: "Rube Goldbird" Empty Re: Previously Undiscovered (?) Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo Easter Egg: "Rube Goldbird"

Post by stevedsign1 Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:33 pm

Huh, interesting! I guess I only ever found the one in "Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo" (if you don't count the candlesticks in "Pajama Sam 1").

I wonder, is there a list of these kinds of clickpoints? Maybe we can make a page of them on the wikia! Sam: Thinking

stevedsign1
Roamer

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeRandomHEFan Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:01 pm

From what I remember, Fatty Bear's Birthday Surprise has lots of hidden interactions like this between multiple clickpoints. Later games make less use of those, but some still exist.

I don't think there's much in the way of documentation about them, though. I get the impression that most HE fans don't really care all that much about clickpoints.

If you want to find them, pay attention to any clickpoints that interact with the same area. Often, one of them will be disabled while the other is running, but if they both work simultaneously, that's a sign there might be an interaction between them.

If you're really dedicated, you could also use HEERip to examine all of a game's image sequences. Those should include clickpoint interactions among tons of other stuff. Though HEERip doesn't support the sequence format found in HE's first games, so you'd have to examine the individual AKOS images for those. That could get even messier. I wouldn't recommend this approach unless you really have a lot of time to spare, though.

SomeRandomHEFan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down