Junior Adventures Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to obtain the August DLC for Pajama Sam's One-Stop Fun Shop

2 posters

Go down

How to obtain the August DLC for Pajama Sam's One-Stop Fun Shop Empty How to obtain the August DLC for Pajama Sam's One-Stop Fun Shop

Post by SomeRandomHEFan Sun Mar 03, 2019 6:11 pm

A little-known fact about the One-Stop Fun Shops is that they received small bits of additional content available as free DLC on Humongous' old site. Of course, the original links stopped working a very long time ago. In fact, each DLC was only available for a month, so the Wayback Machine unfortunately had very little time to crawl them. As a result, it only archived the Windows and Mac installers for Pajama Sam's One-Stop Fun Shop's August DLC.

When testing the Windows installer, I discovered it had two bugs. For one, it always installs its data in the directory the game was installed at, even though the game itself expects it to be at C:\hegames. More importantly, an typo in the installer's INI file causes it to only install four of the five images.

As such, I'd recommend anyone interested in this DLC to install it manually instead. Download this and extract its data to C:\hegames\SamsFunShop\downloads. Alternatively, you can also do what I did and extract the OSW files from the Windows installer using a program like 7-Zip. In the unlikely event that someone reading this wants to play the game on Mac OS Classic, I hope the original installer works properly, because I certainly can't test it.

Sadly, this still leaves us with plenty of DLC that may very well be lost to time. I highly doubt anyone reading this has any of the other installers, but if by some miracle someone actually does, it goes without saying that it would really be appreciated if you could upload them. While all this DLC doesn't add a whole lot to the games, it's still a part of Humongous' history, so it would be nice to have nonetheless.

Perhaps someone involved with the games' development still has them. I'd try to get access to the HE Alumni Group on Facebook if I hadn't lost access to my Facebook account long ago.

Last edited by SomeRandomHEFan on Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total

SomeRandomHEFan
Adventurer

OdieFreddi likes this post

Back to top Go down

How to obtain the August DLC for Pajama Sam's One-Stop Fun Shop Empty Reply

Post by CEO100able Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:52 pm

I didn't realize this game had DLC stuff back in the day. If only I could find and download the DLC for "Hot Wheels Crash!" for the PC and "Midtown Madness 3" for the original Xbox legitimately...

What about Putt-Putt's One-Stop Fun Shop (my most favorite OSFS game) and Freddi Fish's One-Stop Fun Shop? If they had DLC as well, I'd like to see what they really looked like, along with the DLC you're talking about in this topic.
CEO100able
CEO100able
Adventurer

https://www.youtube.com/user/CEO100able

Back to top Go down

How to obtain the August DLC for Pajama Sam's One-Stop Fun Shop Empty Re: How to obtain the August DLC for Pajama Sam's One-Stop Fun Shop

Post by SomeRandomHEFan Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:51 am

As far as I remember, the Wayback Machine archived references to monthly DLC for all three games from HE's old website. And judging by the names of the five images I was able to find (DSAM0036 - DSAM0040), it seems quite a bit of DLC was released, or at least produced.

Unless some developer still has all of it, the prospects of finding it are unfortunately not looking good at all.

SomeRandomHEFan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

How to obtain the August DLC for Pajama Sam's One-Stop Fun Shop Empty Reply

Post by CEO100able Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:13 pm

Unfortunately, the PC download links for the DLC for the Putt-Putt and Freddi Fish games via the Internet WayBack Machine Archive don't work... :(

Hopefully sometime soon, one of the game developers will re-host the .exe files for such DLC somewhere (as long as it goes onto a website that doesn't require user registration) as it is now somewhat considered "lost media." I'd love to give that cool stuff a shot one day!

Putt: Happy Face
CEO100able
CEO100able
Adventurer

https://www.youtube.com/user/CEO100able

Back to top Go down

How to obtain the August DLC for Pajama Sam's One-Stop Fun Shop Empty Re: How to obtain the August DLC for Pajama Sam's One-Stop Fun Shop

Post by SomeRandomHEFan Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:40 pm

CEO100able wrote:Unfortunately, the PC download links for the DLC for the Putt-Putt and Freddi Fish games via the Internet WayBack Machine Archive don't work... :(
Well, yeah. That's why I said the Wayback Machine didn't archive them. I had it list all of its archived content from the One-Stop Fun Shop section of HE's site, and Pajama Sam's August DLC was the only DLC it had. I was able to figure out the file names for some of the other installers, but Internet searches gave me no results for them at all.

Furthermore, I think only a small fraction of the DLC was ever made available. The file names for the five images we have clearly imply it was all created in advance and presumably enough to last a whole year, yet the Wayback Machine only archived related files between August and October 2000. So I think the whole section was discontinued shortly afterwards. Wouldn't be surprising, considering Infogrames' insistence on cutting costs and lack of interest in anything that wasn't Backyard Sports. If true, this really does make it impossible for any consumers to have everything.

SomeRandomHEFan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down