Junior Adventures Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fisher Price Read & Play Games

3 posters

Go down

Fisher Price Read & Play Games Empty Fisher Price Read & Play Games

Post by HawthornFlame Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:56 pm

Does anyone here still have the Read & Play games? Yolanda Yellsalot, Louie Lumpfield, After The Beanstalk, Baxter's Birthday, etc. I played the demos when I was a kid but I'm interested in buying copies of them on eBay so I can play them fully. My only problem is, I have a Windows 7 PC and they probably won't work on it. I also have an old XP but that doesn't like to play some of my other old games for some reason. Is it worth it to buy the games or not?
HawthornFlame
HawthornFlame
Player

http://twitter.com/hawthornflame

Back to top Go down

Fisher Price Read & Play Games Empty Reply

Post by CEO100able Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:00 pm

I have a few games in the "Read & Play" series, such as "Baxter's Birthday," "A Day at the Beach with the Fuzzooly Family," and "Louie Lumpfield and His Heroic Wet Dog." I think they're similar to the Disney's Animated Storybook series games and the Living Books series games.

HawthornFlame wrote:I have a Windows 7 PC and they probably won't work on it. I also have an old XP but that doesn't like to play some of my other old games for some reason. Is it worth it to buy the games or not?

First of all, what are your Windows XP PC's specs? My computers with Windows XP on them seem to work fine with the older games that were made for Windows 95 and Windows 98. If your Windows XP PC has Windows XP 64-bit Edition installed, that could be the cause of the problem you're having. If the 64-bit version of Windows XP is not installed, then there must be something strange going on.

I would suggest replacing a couple parts of your Windows XP PC (if that idea really works) just to see if some of your older PC games will work correctly. If it doesn't work, I would go ahead and recommend saving stress by purchasing either a Windows 95 or a Windows 98 PC. Believe me, I'm sure your older PC games will work on an actual computer that has an operating system released before Windows XP.
CEO100able
CEO100able
Adventurer

https://www.youtube.com/user/CEO100able

Back to top Go down

Fisher Price Read & Play Games Empty Re: Fisher Price Read & Play Games

Post by Onfy Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:02 am

It depends a lot on the engine. The Magic Tales games work perfectly on a new computer with a little data hacking, some Living Books work but with insane colour issues, I have no idea about these games specifically.
Onfy
Onfy
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/Obscurenforeign

Back to top Go down

Fisher Price Read & Play Games Empty Re: Fisher Price Read & Play Games

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down