Junior Adventures Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Early version of Freddi Fish 1

4 posters

Go down

Early version of Freddi Fish 1 Empty Early version of Freddi Fish 1

Post by Piffy Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:18 pm

Hi, I recently acquired an early (maybe original) release of Freddi Fish 1. Looks a fair amount different than later releases. It has a Junior Adventures logo I'd never seen before on the spine, reccomended age of 4-9, and the CD inside looks a bit different than other releases I've seen. The files on it seem to be a bit earlier too. Anyone seen one of these before or know if there are any differences contents wise to later releases? https://imgur.com/gallery/4nPbBD8 Early version of Freddi Fish 1 AnCcfmL
Early version of Freddi Fish 1 B1ehZfM
Early version of Freddi Fish 1 S3Owua0

Last edited by Piffy on Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:15 am; edited 4 times in total

Piffy
Roamer

OdieFreddi likes this post

Back to top Go down

Early version of Freddi Fish 1 Empty Re: Early version of Freddi Fish 1

Post by 5potatoes Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:09 am

I'm interested in seeing the game. Are you able to share links to the pictures at least? Looks like the pictures aren't showing up right.

5potatoes
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Piffy Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:51 am

I'd love to post a link to an imgur album, but my account needs to be a week old. I'll try fiddling with the images to see if I can get them to display properly. I have a theory why they may not be. Let me know if they work now.

Piffy
Roamer

Back to top Go down

Post by 5potatoes Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:35 pm

Wow, that is fantastic! It certainly seems like this would be the first release of the game. It still has the original version of the HE logo as well.
Super cool find!

5potatoes
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Piffy Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:09 pm

Dates on the CD are all from fall of 1994 so it definitely seems to the be very first. I'd seen a lot of 1995 releases before, https://imgur.com/a/y0Lz8QY some of them have different stickers over the supported platform section, but these all have a reccomended age of 3-8 and are more in line with the 95 re-releases of the first three adventures. The spines look more like those. This first release also comes with an inflatable Freddi Fish sponge thingy which is neat. Seems they stopped including that sort of stuff with Putt Putt Saves the Zoo.

Piffy
Roamer

Back to top Go down

Post by 5potatoes Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:18 pm

What? That inflatable sounds dope! Makes me want to find one of those super early releases now.

5potatoes
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Piffy Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:32 pm

It's really strange/interesting. It's the thing in the bottom right. I wonder what exactly it does when submerged. I doubt the chemicals or whatever still work so I wasn't planning on trying it out.Early version of Freddi Fish 1 20210213

Piffy
Roamer

OdieFreddi likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 5potatoes Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:30 pm

Thanks for sharing that. I'm so glad you went ahead and broke the seal on this box. This is absolutely fantastic!

So you are supposed to submerge it and a sponge grows out of it? Sounds strange. I wouldn't want to try it either. But still I'm curious what the result is supposed to be.

5potatoes
Player

Back to top Go down

Early version of Freddi Fish 1 Empty Reply

Post by CEO100able Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:10 pm

Wow! I have always wondered what the original 1994 version of "Freddi Fish 1" looked like, so thanks for showing photos of it here on the forums! Very interesting. I had the 1995 Windows re-release of it back in the early 2000s (I also played the demo version of it via one of my Junior Field Trips game discs back in 2002).
CEO100able
CEO100able
Adventurer

https://www.youtube.com/user/CEO100able

Piffy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by zacharynoah92 Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:29 pm

CEO100able wrote:Wow! I have always wondered what the original 1994 version of "Freddi Fish 1" looked like, so thanks for showing photos of it here on the forums! Very interesting. I had the 1995 Windows re-release of it back in the early 2000s (I also played the demo version of it via one of my Junior Field Trips game discs back in 2002).

I noticed that the original 1994 version of "Freddi Fish 1" had several things that were changed/removed for the 1995 re-release and subsequent revisions. After freeing Gabby from under a rock in the cave, Freddi told Luther that they "still need to find Grandma Grouper's kelp treasure." The sunken ship originally had two music cues instead of only one. Speaking of the sunken ship music, the first cue originally played when Freddi and Luther first entered one of the Three Caves while it was dark. Subsequent re-releases from 1995 onward replaced that music cue with a different music cue that most notably played when Freddi fed Grandma Grouper’s last peanut butter and jellyfish sandwich to Eddie the Eel. The first sunken ship theme still plays when Freddi puts the glowing shell back in her pocket. Also, King Crab’s castle originally had three music cues instead of only one. And in the original 1994 version, various music cues from the game played during the end credits instead of repeating the same ending music over and over. One of the cues that originally played during the end credits was the “We Need Your Help” music cue with the vocals.

As you might recall, Microsoft’s then-upcoming operating system, Windows 95, was still in development at the time when “Freddi Fish 1” was first released, and Humongous Entertainment had already planned ahead and included the then-new AutoRun feature in the original 1994 release. Windows 95 was the first OS to make use of the aforementioned AutoRun feature. “Freddi Fish 1” was truly ahead of its time.
zacharynoah92
zacharynoah92
Player

https://www.facebook.com/ZacharyNoahProductions

OdieFreddi and Piffy like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down