Junior Adventures Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Humble Bundle exclusive HE pack

3 posters

Go down

Humble Bundle exclusive HE pack Empty Humble Bundle exclusive HE pack

Post by AaronReturn2005 Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:02 am

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/humongous-entertainment-collection-vol-1

It includes 18 random games, but it gets more interesting form there. It had 5 tracks from the Cadium-era Putt-Putt Saves The Zoo remaster, when HE gave approval of his project but when the Curator era went into its final phase, things had already fallen apart and Tommo pulled it down for no reason whatsoever. I'm guessing these are the same preview tracks that were on his website for a 20th anniversary release. Also a 9 page digital art book with art of HE characters, I think they're all just promo art and nothing interesting.

AaronReturn2005
Adventurer

OdieFreddi likes this post

Back to top Go down

Humble Bundle exclusive HE pack Empty Re: Humble Bundle exclusive HE pack

Post by SomeRandomHEFan Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:15 pm

Thanks for sharing this. It's annoying that the only way to get this stuff is through an expensive bundle, but since this is a limited time offer, I decided it was too risky to wait and see if more comes of this in the future. So I bought it, even though I already have the games' Steam releases.

The art book is nothing too special. The artwork itself is a mixture of promo art and original artwork for some of the games. The latter would be interesting, were it not heavily downscaled in order to squeeze as much as possible onto eleven pages. Considering this is a digital-only book, I have no idea why they thought this constraint was necessary.

Though the fact that the copyright notes mention both Tommo (who technically no longer owns HE) and the year 2016 indicates that this thing was already made back then for a different purpose. Perhaps it was going to be a reward for the Curator Kickstarter at some point?

Don't have time to listen to the music tracks right now, but their metadata shows that they were taken from a much larger soundtrack. So perhaps they have plans to release the full thing soon. Or maybe they were simply taken from the cancelled Curator release of the soundtrack.

What's odd is that both the store page and the album artwork reference Cadmium Audio, the brand name under which Tim Knox had originally planned to release the soundtrack before rebranding as Curator. The most likely explanation is that this was simply an accident. I'm not getting my hopes up that Tim managed to reach an agreement with Billionsoft after all until he says something about this.

SomeRandomHEFan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by AaronReturn2005 Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:04 pm

SomeRandomHEFan wrote:Thanks for sharing this. It's annoying that the only way to get this stuff is through an expensive bundle, but since this is a limited time offer, I decided it was too risky to wait and see if more comes of this in the future. So I bought it, even though I already have the games' Steam releases.

The art book is nothing too special. The artwork itself is a mixture of promo art and original artwork for some of the games. The latter would be interesting, were it not heavily downscaled in order to squeeze as much as possible onto eleven pages. Considering this is a digital-only book, I have no idea why they thought this constraint was necessary.

Though the fact that the copyright notes mention both Tommo (who technically no longer owns HE) and the year 2016 indicates that this thing was already made back then for a different purpose. Perhaps it was going to be a reward for the Curator Kickstarter at some point?

Don't have time to listen to the music tracks right now, but their metadata shows that they were taken from a much larger soundtrack. So perhaps they have plans to release the full thing soon. Or maybe they were simply taken from the cancelled Curator release of the soundtrack.

What's odd is that both the store page and the album artwork reference Cadmium Audio, the brand name under which Tim Knox had originally planned to release the soundtrack before rebranding as Curator. The most likely explanation is that this was simply an accident. I'm not getting my hopes up that Tim managed to reach an agreement with Billionsoft after all until he says something about this.

Would love you to share this content somewhere! Also, this WAS released in 2016 and has been up for a while.

AaronReturn2005
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeRandomHEFan Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:56 pm

Whoa there! I can't just share material that's not only copyrighted, but also currently being sold. That would be straight-up piracy and could incur the wrath of the copyright holders. I wish the bonus material were available separately, but it isn't, so this is the only legal way to get it.

Though the fact that this actually was released all the way back in 2016 explains quite a lot. Not only the things I mentioned in my previous post, but also the fact that two of the included tracks are unused. If I recall correctly, such tracks weren't part of the second Kickstarter. Tim merely hoped he could release them as well at some point in the future.

SomeRandomHEFan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Onfy Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:15 pm

$82 Canadian! I wanted to eat this week... but oh well. Steven pun

(Food is more important than... almost anything. Sorry to ruin the joke.)
Onfy
Onfy
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/Obscurenforeign

Back to top Go down

Post by AaronReturn2005 Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:07 pm

Onfy wrote:$82 Canadian! I wanted to eat this week... but oh well. Steven pun

(Food is more important than... almost anything. Sorry to ruin the joke.)
All to just get 5 songs from Curator's PPSTZ soundtrack!

AaronReturn2005
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Onfy Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:37 pm

So did anyone actually buy this? Which tracks are in it?
Onfy
Onfy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeRandomHEFan Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:48 am

#1: Cartown Hitchhiker (Outside the Zoo)
#2: Icy Tango (Meet Little Skeeter)
#3: Jungle Breeze (Outside the Zoo)
#4: Hillbilly Grassland (Grasslands)
#5: Little Hippo (Meet Zanzibar)

Note that I was mistaken about two of the tracks being unused. I just didn't remember those.

SomeRandomHEFan
Adventurer

Windows TV and OdieFreddi like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Onfy Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:34 pm

Thank you.

That's not a bad selection. It's too bad it's only available in an $80 bundle.
Onfy
Onfy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down