Junior Adventures Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about the DVD version of Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo

2 posters

Go down

Question about the DVD version of Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo Empty Question about the DVD version of Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo

Post by CEO100able Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:44 pm

Hello everyone,

Since there is a DVD version of Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo, I have a question. Does anyone know why it was never released in the US?

The reason why I'm asking this is because Humongous Entertainment is an American company, plus they usually release the HE games in the US, and this version's publisher, Take-Two Interactive, despite being an American company, somehow chose to only release it in Europe and Australia. I'm an American gamer, so I was shocked when I found out about this. I understand that PC and DVD games are not region locked. They could have planned to release it in North America, but I don't understand why they would only release them outside the US. Maybe they thought it was too expensive? If anyone knows, please let me know.

For those who don't know what this version of this game looks like, I found it on the UK eBay website:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Putt-Putt-Putt-Putt-saves-the-Zoo-PC-DVD-/181517136797?pt=AU_PC_Video_Games_Games&hash=item2a4343b39d
CEO100able
CEO100able
Adventurer

https://www.youtube.com/user/CEO100able

Back to top Go down

Question about the DVD version of Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo Empty Re: Question about the DVD version of Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo

Post by Onfy Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:47 pm

They were also "developed" by an American company, (albeit an unknown one) it seems. I have no idea what's going on with these. I also have these old demos of DVD storybooks, also made for the Euro market, but converted to NTSC from their original PAL format... complete with Euro French and Spanish! (And a slight British accent on the narration.)

For those looking to get a copy, know that they're region free, but PAL format. They'll play fine on your computer, but it's a PITA to play it on a DVD player. I have two DVD players, a Sony and a Pioneer. The Sony just refuses to play any PAL format disc, because it's a sack of crap. The Pioneer will play it, but only in the original PAL, which can't be displayed on almost any TV sold outside Europe or Australia. My grandparents used to have a multisync player that could convert PAL format discs, but it broke a long time ago. IIRC it was some no name brand.

Not a bad deal you found there. I paid $5 each a while ago to buy Putt-Putt and Freddi Fish from France.

Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/Obscurenforeign

Back to top Go down