Junior Adventures Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Backyard Baseball trading cards

+5
IHateLebronJames
Retrodude
SpastikMooss
MrEightThreeOne
Nelson340
9 posters

Go down

Backyard Baseball trading cards Empty Backyard Baseball trading cards

Post by Nelson340 Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:56 pm

Although my only copy of this game came in a box of Golden Grahams, I have noticed on the autorun screen what looks like something saying the game came with free trading cards of the Backyard Kids. Does anyone have pictures of these?

Nelson340
Roamer

Back to top Go down

Backyard Baseball trading cards Empty Re: Backyard Baseball trading cards

Post by MrEightThreeOne Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:44 pm

Humongous did this a lot with their older games. Though, I'm kinda wondering if they're talking about the cards included inside the game rather than physical cards. I don't know if we'll get an answer though, given how poorly it sold in its first year.

Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/legoking831

Back to top Go down

Post by SpastikMooss Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:05 am

They sure did come with cards! A little shorter than your average baseball card, but still quite cool! The back has their attributes with the little baseballs for each category, a small write up, and some vital stats. The fronts are just big portraits of each player. I have copies of Annie Frazier, Maria Luna, Luanne Lui, and Reese Worthington. I'm trying to find more if I can!

SpastikMooss
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by SpastikMooss Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:29 am

Also, since they were new to some people - did you guys know that Pacific made baseball cards of the MLB players and NFL players for BB2000, BF2000, and BB2001? Here are a few: http://www.checkoutmycards.com/Cards,=Backyard+pacific

I had a few but I think I sold/lost them all over time.

SpastikMooss
Player

Back to top Go down

Backyard Baseball trading cards Empty Cards Scanned!

Post by SpastikMooss Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:11 pm

I have one from Backyard Football, one from Backyard Baseball 2001, and 4 from the original Backyard Baseball (before the pros got involved). I know there are more from the original game and I'm sure my brother has Pablo Sanchez - it's just buried at my parent's house somewhere. Next time I'm home I'll try to find his rookie card Putt: Happy Face

Anyway, scans. They're huge, so right click to see all 6 cards in each image.

Fronts:
Backyard Baseball trading cards Backyard%2Bfronts

Backs:
Backyard Baseball trading cards Backyard%2Bbacsk

SpastikMooss
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Nelson340 Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:50 pm

I see that the pitching stat used to never exist and fielding was split into throwing and catching.

Nelson340
Roamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Retrodude Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:50 pm

Funny, I specifically remember that I got Baseball 2001 back when it first came out, but I never got any trading cards in the box! Were those from some sort of promotional thing, or did I just get a later re-issue?
Retrodude
Retrodude
Adventurer

https://www.youtube.com/user/JuniorAdventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by SpastikMooss Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:58 pm

I think you got a later reissue. I know the MLB player ones (Sosa and Nomar) came with the game itself. I assume Annie did too but I'm not sure!

And Nelson, yeah, the stats shown used to be a little different. Luanne was still an awesome pitcher though - best pitcher in the game!

SpastikMooss
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by MrEightThreeOne Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:32 pm

These are very interesting. I thought I'd never see these in my life. Thanks for posting them!

Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/legoking831

Back to top Go down

Post by SpastikMooss Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:46 pm

No problem! I'm hoping to find more. I'm on a bunch of card sites too and I mentioned the game and someone else remembered the cards!

SpastikMooss
Player

Back to top Go down

Backyard Baseball trading cards Empty I found some online!

Post by IHateLebronJames Tue May 22, 2012 6:22 pm

Hey everyone,

I too remember these cards. I know for a fact I had some but they have since been lost. After reading everyone's posts on here, I did a little search and found only 1 listing on eBay. What do you think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180890033746#ht_1871wt_104

IHateLebronJames
Roamer

Back to top Go down

Post by SpastikMooss Wed May 23, 2012 12:53 am

Fantastic price for what it is. If you don't buy it I will, as I only have 4 of those 8! And Pablo Sanchez is one of my missing cards!

(Also your username is awesome!)

SpastikMooss
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by IHateLebronJames Wed May 23, 2012 3:53 pm

SpastikMooss wrote:Fantastic price for what it is. If you don't buy it I will, as I only have 4 of those 8! And Pablo Sanchez is one of my missing cards!

(Also your username is awesome!)

Why thank you! Just for that, I am gonna let you go for the cards as my inspired search yielded a Pablo Sanchez! I also found Mikey and Reese. I'm totally content with that so go get your Pablo!

IHateLebronJames
Roamer

Back to top Go down

Post by SpastikMooss Wed May 23, 2012 5:23 pm

Lol I was just coming on today to say you should grab them - I'm over my Ebay limit for the month hahaha. Maybe they'll get reposted and I can grab them in June haha.

SpastikMooss
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by pezhead53 Sat Oct 27, 2012 12:46 pm

Hey, I was just cleaning out my basement, and look what I found!
http://twitter.com/pezhead53/status/262233245012348928/photo/1
pezhead53
pezhead53
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by CDCB Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:14 pm

I didn't know there were actual trading cards for these. And awesome find, pezhead!
CDCB
CDCB
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by 5potatoes Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:27 pm

I have been collecting these cards for a few years now. It has been difficult to be honest, partly because of a lack of information, partly because of a perception of inordinate value, and partly because scarcity. However this is what I have been able to assemble so far. I am very close to being finished with these sets.

These are all nine (9) of the cards from the Original Backyard Baseball. They came in the game box on one perforated sheet.

Backyard Baseball trading cards 2pYwShUm

Backyard Baseball 2001 had a pack of cards with eight (8) Pro player cards and two (2) Backyard Kid cards.
As of now, I can confirm that there are eleven (11) different pro players and five (5) different Backyard Kids that you could have pulled with these packs. These were from the Pacific 2000 series.

Backyard Baseball trading cards HPafqEhm     Backyard Baseball trading cards 4amrIStm

Around the time that Backyard Baseball 2001 came out there was a cross promotion with Twizzlers. On specially marked bags of Twizzlers there was a single card that you would receive. there were twelve (12) different cards total. These were made by Fleer in their Traditional series. There are no Backyard Kid cards in this set. The two missing cards here are of Pedro Martinez and Kenny Lofton.

In addition, you see here promotional cards that came in a pack with the Backyard Baseball 2007 demo disc. As far as I know these five (5) are the only cards in this set.

Backyard Baseball trading cards 5wCwDxZm     Backyard Baseball trading cards VfShkQfm

Finally, Backyard Football also had some cards. In the original release of Backyard Football you would receive a pack with eight (8) pro players with two (2) random Backyard Kid cards. This was similar to the Backyard Baseball 2001 card set. However there are only eight (8( pros in this set and a whopping ten (10) total Backyard Kid cards. The three that are missing the pictures are Angela Delvecchio, Marky Dubois, and Reese Worthington. This set was from The Pacific 1999 series.

Backyard Baseball trading cards 58ZjeUHm     Backyard Baseball trading cards 2VbkH1Mm

Last edited by 5potatoes on Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

5potatoes
Player

OdieFreddi and Gggm172 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 5potatoes Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:36 pm

Incidentally, if anyone happens to have information for other Backyard Kid cards, specifically for Backyard Baseball 2001, please let me know! I have no idea if there are other Backyard Kid cards in that set.

If you happen to have the Angela Delvechhio or Marky Dubois Backyard Football cards let me know as well! At the very least I would like to know what they look like.

5potatoes
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Gggm172 Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:48 pm

What demo disc did those 2007 backyard sports cards come from?
Anyone have any backyard baseball or football cards that would be willing to sell or trade? Message me if interested

Gggm172
Roamer

Back to top Go down

Post by 5potatoes Wed Jun 05, 2024 12:18 am

It's just a demo disc for Backyard Sports: Baseball 2007. It came in a paper sleeve with the pack of cards shrink-wrapped to it.

5potatoes
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down