Junior Adventures Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE MUSIC OF HUMONGOUS ENTERTAINMENT — LIVE ON KICKSTARTER

+6
SomeRandomHEFan
AaronReturn2005
Onfy
cheril59
dellr
Curator
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

THE MUSIC OF HUMONGOUS ENTERTAINMENT — LIVE ON KICKSTARTER - Page 2 Empty Re: THE MUSIC OF HUMONGOUS ENTERTAINMENT — LIVE ON KICKSTARTER

Post by SomeRandomHEFan Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:23 am

Okay, finally got around to locating all the videos I downloaded from the Curator Twitter account that aren't on YouTube. I also included the original thumbnail for the YouTube video of Pablo's theme. It was changed after a few days.

Here they are. Remember to fix the link before using it.

Most of this stuff isn't too interesting, though there are some bits of the remastered soundtracks in a few of them.

I used a program called youtube-dl to grab all this stuff. It often fails to download Twitter videos when trying to give them appropriate file names. That's why some of these videos have placeholder names I gave them.

Last edited by SomeRandomHEFan on Sun Feb 26, 2023 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total

SomeRandomHEFan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

THE MUSIC OF HUMONGOUS ENTERTAINMENT — LIVE ON KICKSTARTER - Page 2 Empty Re: THE MUSIC OF HUMONGOUS ENTERTAINMENT — LIVE ON KICKSTARTER

Post by OdieFreddi Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:53 am

Thank you so much! Putt: Happy Face I also downloaded everything from Curator's site. If it ever gets taken down, I'll share my archive on MEGA or Mediafire (since none of the downloads are available on the Wayback Machine). Freddi: Happy
OdieFreddi
OdieFreddi
Adventurer

http://odiesocean.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeRandomHEFan Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:07 am

And now the site is gone.

SomeRandomHEFan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by AaronReturn2005 Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:42 pm

OdieFreddi wrote:Thank you so much! Putt: Happy Face I also downloaded everything from Curator's site. If it ever gets taken down, I'll share my archive on MEGA or Mediafire (since none of the downloads are available on the Wayback Machine). Freddi: Happy
You could put them up on the Internet Archive (home of the Wayback Machine) if you want to.

AaronReturn2005
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by OdieFreddi Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:31 pm

I'm going to upload the archive to MEGA, Mediafire and the Internet Archive later today; stay tuned here for the links Putt: Happy Face Freddi: Happy
OdieFreddi
OdieFreddi
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by AaronReturn2005 Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:20 am

OdieFreddi wrote:I'm going to upload the archive to MEGA, Mediafire and the Internet Archive later today; stay tuned here for the links Putt: Happy Face Freddi: Happy
Have U finished yet?

AaronReturn2005
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by OdieFreddi Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:19 pm

My Curator Archive (Mediafire, will upload them to Internet Archive tomorrow): Otto

Docs
Art
Dialogue
Bonus MP3 (NSFW)

Don't forget to copy the URL to the address bar (with Copy Link Location in the right-click menu in Firefox) and get rid of the adfly part of the URL (before http) before accessing it. Freddi: Cheering  Luther: Tada!  Putt & Pep
OdieFreddi
OdieFreddi
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by AaronReturn2005 Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:04 am

OdieFreddi wrote:My Curator Archive (Mediafire, will upload them to Internet Archive tomorrow): Otto

Docs
Art
Dialogue
Bonus MP3 (NSFW)

Don't forget to copy the URL to the address bar (with Copy Link Location in the right-click menu in Firefox) and get rid of the adfly part of the URL (before http) before accessing it. Freddi: Cheering  Luther: Tada!  Putt & Pep
Am yet to find your Internet Archive for it.

AaronReturn2005
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeRandomHEFan Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:09 am

SomeRandomHEFan
Adventurer

OdieFreddi likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by OdieFreddi Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:59 am

Thank you, SomeRandomHEFan Freddi: Happy I couldn't quite figure out how to put them on IA myself.
OdieFreddi
OdieFreddi
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeRandomHEFan Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:03 pm

I'm not the one who did it. I just shared the link. I assumed you were the uploader.

SomeRandomHEFan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by OdieFreddi Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:10 pm

Cool, I didn't know about that link then, thanks for sharing it! Putt: Happy Face
OdieFreddi
OdieFreddi
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeRandomHEFan Sat Sep 26, 2020 6:23 am

Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo's soundtrack is on Bandcamp.

I'd buy it ASAP. Who knows if Billionsoft will take it down?

Also, there's a ZIP file with more stuff. Gonna check it out now.

Oh, and one of the tracks has been uploaded to YouTube.

SomeRandomHEFan
Adventurer

Windows TV and OdieFreddi like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Onfy Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:00 am

SomeRandomHEFan wrote:Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo's soundtrack is on Bandcamp.

I'd buy it ASAP. Who knows if Billionsoft will take it down?

Also, there's a ZIP file with more stuff. Gonna check it out now.

Oh, and one of the tracks has been uploaded to YouTube.

HOT ZIGGITY!

But that's George Sanger's official Bandcamp page. He owns the rights to the music, and notice he didn't use anything Tommo would own, such as any visual depiction of Putt-Putt. Putt: Happy Face

He isn't stupid, I'm sure he'll be fine. (Definitely gonna buy this, though!)
Onfy
Onfy
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/Obscurenforeign

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeRandomHEFan Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:26 am

The music itself should indeed be owned by George Sanger, but there could still be some issues regarding trademarks. Though I'm not very well-versed in trademark law.

It should be noted that the ZIP file has some stuff that Billionsoft (Humongous Entertainment was transferred to them a few years ago, though they share the same owner as Tommo) should indeed own. Such as confidential documents, depictions of Putt-Putt, uncompressed voice clips and a higher quality version of the iconic sound effects that accompany the HE logo in most of the games. Chances are, this stuff was uploaded separately from the album to keep it on the right side of the law.

Of course, the fate of the other three albums is still uncertain. Hopefully, we'll see them get the same treatment. I wouldn't count on it, though. Apparently, this release was meant to celebrate the game's 25th anniversary.

Some time ago, Tim mentioned in a YouTube comment that he and George Sanger also finished remastering the soundtracks of Putt-Putt Goes to the Moon and Pep's Birthday Surprise before the Kickstarter was cancelled, so maybe we'll see those as well some day. I'd presume they didn't take nearly as much work, seeing how the former is almost nothing but MIDI, whereas the latter is pretty short.

BTW, it turns out Tim uploaded a lot more than just that one track I linked earlier. No idea why YouTube didn't notify me about the others. Take a look at his channel.

SomeRandomHEFan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Windows TV Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:52 am

The day has arrived, thank you for sharing this!
SomeRandomHEFan wrote:Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo's soundtrack is on Bandcamp.
Windows TV
Windows TV
Adventurer

https://www.youtube.com/c/OfficialWindowsTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Onfy Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:15 pm

SomeRandomHEFan wrote:The music itself should indeed be owned by George Sanger, but there could still be some issues regarding trademarks. Though I'm not very well-versed in trademark law.

It should be noted that the ZIP file has some stuff that Billionsoft (Humongous Entertainment was transferred to them a few years ago, though they share the same owner as Tommo) should indeed own. Such as confidential documents, depictions of Putt-Putt, uncompressed voice clips and a higher quality version of the iconic sound effects that accompany the HE logo in most of the games. Chances are, this stuff was uploaded separately from the album to keep it on the right side of the law.

I think there's something in trademark law about using the mark descriptively: it's why unlicensed video game accessories (or games, back when that was possible) can say they're compatible with your Nintendo(R) console, even if Nintendo really wishes that wasn't the case. (Like with the Game Genie.) Notice how there's a registered trademark symbol in the album's title.

I'm not actually sure where you got that zip file link from in the first place, I didn't see it on the album's page or in the zip file I downloaded.
Onfy
Onfy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeRandomHEFan Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:26 am

It's in the description of the videos Tim uploaded.

SomeRandomHEFan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Onfy Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:35 pm

SomeRandomHEFan wrote:It's in the description of the videos Tim uploaded.

I found that out after I asked, sorry. At the time I hadn't given the videos a good look yet.

The rest of George Sanger's Humongous music was dropped on Bandcamp last night, check all this out:

Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo vol. 2 (Outtakes and alternate takes, including the final version of Welcome to the Zoo)
Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo vol. 3 (Rhyming monkeys)
Pajama Sam 3 vol. 1
Pajama Sam 3 vol. 2 (outtakes)
Freddi Fish vol 1.
Freddi Fish vol. 2 (outtakes)
Putt-Putt PBS

Holy gas cans, that's the most I think I've ever spent on music.
Onfy
Onfy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeRandomHEFan Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:29 pm

Onfy wrote:
SomeRandomHEFan wrote:It's in the description of the videos Tim uploaded.

I found that out after I asked, sorry. At the time I hadn't given the videos a good look yet.

The rest of George Sanger's Humongous music was dropped on Bandcamp last night, check all this out:

Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo vol. 2 (Outtakes and alternate takes, including the final version of Welcome to the Zoo)
Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo vol. 3 (Rhyming monkeys)
Pajama Sam 3 vol. 1
Pajama Sam 3 vol. 2 (outtakes)
Freddi Fish vol 1.
Freddi Fish vol. 2 (outtakes)
Putt-Putt PBS

Holy gas cans, that's the most I think I've ever spent on music.

Oh wow. I guess I'll be busy listening to music for a while. Hope we'll see Putt-Putt Goes to the Moon's soundtrack as well, but this is already quite a lot.

I wonder if Spy Fox 2's soundtrack will see a release as well. Who knows if Tim is still in contact with Tom McGurk.

I don't think we can expect anything else to be released, though. According to a comment by George Sanger left on this Facebook post, Tim is now learning Chinese for the Air Force, so it seems he changed careers and probably won't be available to restore any more music. Can't say I blame him. These soundtracks are unlikely to sell well without Billion Soft's cooperation.

SomeRandomHEFan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeRandomHEFan Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:48 pm

Note to Onfy because she expressed hope about Tom McGurk's music on Twitter: Tim mentioned on YouTube that he was unable to locate the masters for any of his soundtracks other than Spy Fox 2's. They probably don't exist anymore.

Also, Nathan Rosenberg composed more than just two soundtracks. He also worked on some of the Backyard Sports games.

Tim apparently did some restoration work on the soundtracks of the Soule Brothers and Tom McMail (I presume his work was easy to remaster, given that it's pure MIDI) as well as Pajama Sam 4's soundtrack, but it doesn't sound like any of it was complete. So I imagine it was probably a wasted effort. Plus, there'd be obvious issues with selling anything from Jeremy Soule nowadays.

SomeRandomHEFan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Onfy Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:57 pm

SomeRandomHEFan wrote:I don't think we can expect anything else to be released, though. According to a comment by George Sanger left on this Facebook post, Tim is now learning Chinese for the Air Force, so it seems he changed careers and probably won't be available to restore any more music. Can't say I blame him. These soundtracks are unlikely to sell well without Billion Soft's cooperation.

Wow, learning Chinese and joining the air force just so you can go to Billionsoft's headquarters and threaten whoever owns it with whatever they kill people with these days in their native language, just to get some soundtracks released. Now that's dedication! Kidding of course.

SomeRandomHEFan wrote:Note to Onfy because she expressed hope about Tom McGurk's music on Twitter: Tim mentioned on YouTube that he was unable to locate the masters for any of his soundtracks other than Spy Fox 2's. They probably don't exist anymore.

Crap. Spy Fox 2 is good but I REALLY wanted to hear the music from Putt-Putt Enters the Race in better quality. ...what has me scratching my head is that he used to have a song from FF2 up on his website... it was 8khz realmedia, but stereo, so a higher quality master must've existed to create that from. (And you follow me on Twitter?)

SomeRandomHEFan wrote:Also, Nathan Rosenberg composed more than just two soundtracks. He also worked on some of the Backyard Sports games.

Sorry. As you might guess I was more into the adventures, and especially with the later Backyard Sports games I just kind of forget them... I've never even played a good chunk of them. (It would've been nice to have remastered Freddi Fish 5 music...)

SomeRandomHEFan wrote:Tim apparently did some restoration work on the soundtracks of the Soule Brothers and Tom McMail (I presume his work was easy to remaster, given that it's pure MIDI) as well as Pajama Sam 4's soundtrack, but it doesn't sound like any of it was complete. So I imagine it was probably a wasted effort. Plus, there'd be obvious issues with selling anything from Jeremy Soule nowadays.

Interesting that he actually was able to get a hold of Soule's masters, I didn't know that! But yeah, whole can of worms as I also mentioned on Twitter. I for one would be less inclined to give him money, and that's part of why I was more excited for the PJS3 soundtrack. (Also, the music is really good.)
Onfy
Onfy
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Whatthe Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:42 pm

Where is the Kelp? (Grandma Grouper) is what that airport waiting room unknown tune was!
Whatthe
Whatthe
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Tubatrombonekid Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:13 pm

THE MUSIC OF HUMONGOUS ENTERTAINMENT — LIVE ON KICKSTARTER - Page 2 Missin11

As you can see, there is a missing track. I emailed Curator and he told me that they forgot to include it. Here is what Curator had to say "You’re totally right. This is a legit omission. I honestly have no idea how it happened. It must have gotten confused as a duplicate and pruned; very strange. Thanks for letting us know!"

If anyone wants to hear it, here is the link.
It’s now up on bandcamp. https://thefatmanandteamfat.bandcamp.com/track/dixie-door-king-crabs-court-alternate

Last edited by Tubatrombonekid on Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tubatrombonekid
Tubatrombonekid
Player

https://www.facebook.com/JohnJackMcCarthy

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeRandomHEFan Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:30 am

Onfy wrote:(And you follow me on Twitter?)

I don't. In fact, I don't even have an account. I just took a look at your Twitter profile because I was curious to see you had anything interesting to say regarding the soundtracks.

Tubatrombonekid wrote:THE MUSIC OF HUMONGOUS ENTERTAINMENT — LIVE ON KICKSTARTER - Page 2 Missin11

As you can see, there is a missing track. I emailed Curator and he told me that they forgot to include it. Here is what Curator had to say "You’re totally right. This is a legit omission. I honestly have no idea how it happened. It must have gotten confused as a duplicate and pruned; very strange. Thanks for letting us know!"

If anyone wants to hear it, here is the link.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1shIyHpcoAT6q2OkyDHLooRJoo7mizDT2/view?usp=sharing

Good eye. Unfortunately, that's only a 96kbps MP3 file. I hope the track gets added to Bandcamp as well. Would be a shame if this is the only way it's preserved.

I'm surprised you were able to contact Tim via email. Is his address public? Because there are some things I'd like to contact him about as well.

I listened to all of the remastered soundtracks over the last days, and while most tracks sound excellent, there are some that have glitches. A particularly common occurrence is the right side of the audio suddenly becoming much more quiet than the left side. I don't know if these issues are due to damaged tapes or mistakes made during the remastering process, but I'd like to let him know about them and see if they can be fixed.

SomeRandomHEFan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next