Junior Adventures Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guess how much the Lion King kicks ass!

5 posters

Go down

Guess how much the Lion King kicks ass! Empty Guess how much the Lion King kicks ass!

Post by Pizzaking27 Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:28 am

The Lion King is a Disney film released in 1993 set in South Africa about a young lion who just anticipates to be king of his hometown, the Pridelands! But all he gets into is just all sorts of crazy crap since meeting those naughty hyenas, Shenzi, Banzai, and Ed! His father died after a fall! Oh well, after he gets raised by a meerkat named Timon and a pig named Pumbaa, he does get what he wants in the end: being King!

The film recieved a videogame tie-in, which was released in 1994 for all platforms! (except for the Commodore 64) The game has been considered Nintendo Hard, even for the kids! Just imagine trying so hard to beat the 2nd level by roaring at the monkeys! You had to do it 8 FREAKING TIMES! Fox: Stare

The film also recieved a sequel (which also had a tie-in just 2 years after the sequel came out) called Simba's Pride, which was released in 1999. In this film, Simba and Nala now have 2 children, Kiara and Kovu! They played around happily when they were young (even when danger lurked around every corner), but watch what happens when they get older!

In 2011, the first film was rereleased in 3D to celebrate the new victory of the Nintendo 3DS, and of course, Super Mario 3D Land!

Also, in case you're curious, my favourite quote from the film is this:

Banzai: Hey, who's the pig?
Pumbaa: Are you talking to me?
Timon: You called him a pig!
Pumbaa: Are you talking to me?!
Timon: Shouldn't've done that!
Pumbaa: ARE YOU TALKING TO ME?!?!
Timon: Now they're in for it!
Pumbaa: THEY CALL ME MR. PIG!!! Freddi: Laughing Luther: BAHAHAHA!
Pizzaking27
Pizzaking27
Adventurer

Location : 16 Gatekeeper Close, Braintree, Essex, United Kingdom

http://pizzaking27.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Guess how much the Lion King kicks ass! Empty Re: Guess how much the Lion King kicks ass!

Post by MrEightThreeOne Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:17 am

A few things...
1. I think everyone knows what the movie is about. It was insanely popular when it was released (maybe not in Britain where you live, but in America, hoo boy...).
2. Oh man, the video game... it's so frustratingly difficult. For most people their journey ends on the second level!
3. The sequel is direct-to-video, it shouldn't come off as any surprise Disney made one. They've been known to milk popular franchises by making sequels that go straight to DVD. Often they are unfaithful to the original film in just about every way, with very few exceptions. And for your LIFE, do not even speak of the Lion King 1 1/2!
4. Uhh... I don't think the 3DS had anything to do with this, they also did Toy Story 1 & 2 in 3D a few years before and they're also 3D-ing other Disney films too...
MrEightThreeOne
MrEightThreeOne
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/legoking831

Back to top Go down

Guess how much the Lion King kicks ass! Empty Re: Guess how much the Lion King kicks ass!

Post by Retrodude Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:20 am

Saw the 3D version when it was in theaters, and it looked absolutely amazing. I never knew hand-drawn animation could be converted to 3D so seamlessly.
Also, Kovu isn't Simba and Nala's son by a longshot. It's been years since I last saw the sequel, but wasn't he somehow related to Scar? Besides, last I checked, they were love interests and Disney wouldn't want any incest in their films.
No mention of the third movie, Lion King 1 1/2? It's actually surprisingly good for being a direct-to-video sequel, and it sort of reminds me of the Timon and Pumbaa TV show that used to play on Toon Disney.
Retrodude
Retrodude
Adventurer

https://www.youtube.com/user/JuniorAdventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Onfy Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:37 am

Retrodude wrote:No mention of the third movie, Lion King 1 1/2? It's actually surprisingly good for being a direct-to-video sequel, and it sort of reminds me of the Timon and Pumbaa TV show that used to play on Toon Disney.

MrEightThreeOne wrote:The sequel is direct-to-video, it shouldn't come off as any surprise Disney made one. They've been known to milk popular franchises by making sequels that go straight to DVD. Often they are unfaithful to the original film in just about every way, with very few exceptions. And for your LIFE, do not even speak of the Lion King 1 1/2!

Mmhmm...
Onfy
Onfy
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/Obscurenforeign

Back to top Go down

Post by Pizzaking27 Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:41 pm

I didn't know if Kovu was Simba and Nala's son, but I said he was, anyway, up until you didn't think so! What a meddler I am!
Pizzaking27
Pizzaking27
Adventurer

Location : 16 Gatekeeper Close, Braintree, Essex, United Kingdom

http://pizzaking27.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nowhere Girl Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:01 pm

Could anybody tell me what does Scar say when Simba is practising his "roar"? I have only seen this film in Polish...
(This fragment is very funny, btw, Polish is a very flexible language when it comes to creating derivative words* - nouns from verbs, adjectives from nouns, diminutives and many more. So there are quite many diminutives in Polish and the word used by Scar to describe Simba's roar is "ryczek", literally "little roar". It's such a cute word and now one of my smallest plush tigers is named Ryczek. ;))
(*Btw, this feature of Polish is what makes the Polish poet Boleslaw Lesmian to be judged as a true translator's nightmare. Some of his neologisms are pretty much the same principle as English "portmanteau words", however some are strange yet fully comprehensible in Polish, but almost impossible to translate.)

Nowhere Girl
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down