Junior Adventures Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grand Opening!

2 posters

Go down

Grand Opening! Empty Grand Opening!

Post by MrEightThreeOne Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:11 pm

You most likely came here via that video announcement I just made. I was vague about information on the forum for a reason - I'm answering instant questions anyone has here. Let's begin!

Why did you create this forum?
As mentioned in the video, there hasn't been a single forum dedicated to Humongous yet. I think it's gotten enough attention that it deserves one. I was also inspired after looking at the works of Rock Raiders United and The Infomaniac's Classroom, which are dedicated to Lego Rock Raiders and Lego Island, respectively. They've gotten a lot of attention, and I thought I could maybe give it a shot.

Why did you name this forum the Junior Adventures Network?
I didn't want to put "Humongous" in the name because that's asking for trouble. I've heard of forums that got into legal trouble because they put a company name in their forum titles. Humongous does still exist, it's just not the Humongous we remember. So, since I couldn't put Humongous in the title, I decided instead to put the series of games that most people connect HE to in the title. It may be true the Backyard Sports got more attention, but it seems most people don't remember HE made those games. If you bring up the Junior Adventures, though, chances are they'll know who made those. Then, I modeled the name after Humongous' old website for the Backyard Sports, the Junior Sports Network, and replaced "Sports" with "Adventures". And that's where the name comes from.

I never liked the Junior Adventures, but I loved the other games. Can I still join?
Sure! Despite the title, this forum is open to anybody who was ever a fan, as I have said before. Anyone is welcome here.

This site looks dull right now. Are you going to make it better?
Yes. I will need some help since I am not an artist, and I'm not that creative either. Any help with the design is appreciated!

Can I be a moderator?
If you think you're up to the job, and if I think you are too, you're hired. I don't hire people easily though, so please try not to take offense if I reject your offer. The more the forum grows, the bigger of a responsibility it is to moderate.
EDIT: I'm no longer taking mod requests. It was first come first serve, so now I'm not just hiring mods blindly anymore.

Can I be an administrator?
I will make this plain and simple: NO.

That's all I have to say for now. Feel free to reply with any other questions.
MrEightThreeOne
MrEightThreeOne
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/legoking831

Back to top Go down

Grand Opening! Empty Re: Grand Opening!

Post by legoknight Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:09 am

Very good site.
legoknight
legoknight
Adventurer

https://twitter.com/legogamesfun2