Junior Adventures Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Junior Adventures catalog coming to Steam!!!

5 posters

Go down

Junior Adventures catalog coming to Steam!!! Empty Junior Adventures catalog coming to Steam!!!

Post by FallDownBear Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:09 am

THIS IS GREAT!  Freddi: Cheering  Now a whole new generation can be exposed to Humongous games!

Apparently Tommo snapped up the rights to their entire catalog, except for probably the Backyard games. Here's the release schedule:

April 17

Putt-Putt Joins the Parade
Freddi Fish and The Case of the Missing Kelp Seeds
Pajama Sam: No Need to Hide When It’s Dark Outside
Spy Fox in: Dry Cereal
Putt-Putt and Pep’s Balloon-o-Rama
Freddi Fish and Luther’s Maze Madness

May 1

Putt-Putt Goes to the Moon
Freddi Fish 2: The Case of the Haunted Schoolhouse
Pajama Sam 2: Thunder and Lightning Aren’t so Frightening
Spy Fox 2: Some Assembly Required
Putt-Putt and Pep’s Dog on a Stick
Freddi Fish and Luther’s Water Worries

May 5

Putt-Putt Travels through Time
Freddi Fish 3: The Case of the Stolen Conch Shell
Pajama Sam 3: You Are What You Eat from Your Head to Your Feet
Spy Fox 3: Operation Ozone
Putt-Putt and Fatty Bear’s Activity Pack

May 29

Putt-Putt Enters the Race
Putt-Putt Joins the Circus
Freddi Fish 4: The Case of the Hogfish Rustlers of Briny Gulch
Pajama Sam 4: Life Is Rough When You Lose Your Stuff!
Spy Fox in: Cheese Chase

June 6

Putt-Putt: Pep’s Birthday Surprise
Freddi Fish 5: The Case of the Creature of Coral Cove
Pajama Sam’s Sock Works
Spy Fox in: Hold the Mustard
Pajama Sam’s Lost & Found

FallDownBear
Player

Back to top Go down

Junior Adventures catalog coming to Steam!!! Empty Re: Junior Adventures catalog coming to Steam!!!

Post by wileyk2012 Tue May 06, 2014 10:50 pm

Judging by the video previews of the first two Putt-Putt games, it sounds like they used the 22 KHz versions of the music cues from the 3DO versions! That's a nice step up! Though I still prefer the DOS versions of the music playing on General MIDI music (Microsoft GS Synth or Apple CoreAudio), with Roland GS emulation for "Putt-Putt Goes to the Moon", as I have https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1139bWuE_dE.

wileyk2012
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Junior Adventures catalog coming to Steam!!! Empty Reply

Post by CEO100able Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:06 pm

This is awesome news, since Tommo, Inc. are still distributing the HE games.

Say, are they planning on developing and releasing the iOS versions of "Putt-Putt: Pep's Birthday Surprise" and "Pajama Sam 4" at all? Because the iOS versions of first six Putt-Putt Junior Adventure games and the iOS versions of the first three Pajama Sam games have already been released. Not to mention, it should never be complicated to re-release PC games for the iOS and Android. I think they haven't started the development of the iOS versions of the Junior Adventure games made by Atari. Who knows what's really going on?

wileyk2012 wrote:Judging by the video previews of the first two Putt-Putt games, it sounds like they used the 22 KHz versions of the music cues from the 3DO versions! That's a nice step up! Though I still prefer the DOS versions of the music playing on General MIDI music (Microsoft GS Synth or Apple CoreAudio), with Roland GS emulation for "Putt-Putt Goes to the Moon"

I definitely agree, because the MIDI versions of the soundtracks for the HE classics seem to be the high quality versions of them. I'm afraid they never had them in mind, so it could be why they didn't use them in the newer versions of the HE classics.
CEO100able
CEO100able
Adventurer

https://www.youtube.com/user/CEO100able

Back to top Go down

Junior Adventures catalog coming to Steam!!! Empty Re: Junior Adventures catalog coming to Steam!!!

Post by Onfy Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:45 am

The YAGA games are only available on Windows on Steam as it is! I think either they don't have the source code... or they just don't give a shit. If anyone did have the source though, it probably wouldn't be too hard to port, being mostly made up of python and 3rd party libraries. And since when is PJS3 on mobile?

Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/Obscurenforeign

Back to top Go down

Post by pezhead53 Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:31 pm

GeorgeQGreg wrote:...since when is PJS3 on mobile?

It's not. I think CEO100able was confused about that.
pezhead53
pezhead53
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down