Junior Adventures Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JumpStart Adventures

3 posters

Go down

JumpStart Adventures Empty JumpStart Adventures

Post by FallDownBear Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:29 am

Anyone else remember this educational series?  They had a game for every grade level from Kindergarten up to 6th Grade (and even a game for babies lol), but they were all very distinct with their own settings, gameplay and characters. I played the series from 2nd Grade to 6th.

3rd Grade is the one I have the fondest memories of. You're trying to break into the fortress/lab of this AWESOME mad scientist girl (reminds me of a female Dexter from Dexter's Lab) and stop her evil plot. She even threatens to kill the robot main character at one point by sending him back to the Big Bang. :) 4th Grade is about a bunch of skater punk kids solving mysteries at night in a haunted town. Both of these are pretty daring concepts for games meant to teach English, science, history, and arithmetic to elementary school kids.

2nd Grade was also really good. I can still recite the adjective reggae song almost by heart.

The final game in the series, 6th Grade, was a let-down. Nothing really notable about it, it was very generic and tiresome in comparison to the others. I'm pretty sure it's the only one to come on two discs, though. I would have liked to see what JumpStart 12th Grade and JumpStart College would have been like, lol.

FallDownBear
Player

Back to top Go down

JumpStart Adventures Empty Re: JumpStart Adventures

Post by Onfy Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:57 am

Most were on two discs. It was part of the myriad ways Jumpstart tried to revamp their system, this one in ~2001, where they added "adventure" bonus discs.

Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/Obscurenforeign

Back to top Go down

Post by FallDownBear Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:54 am

Ah, right. When I mentioned JumpStart 6th Grade, I was actually talking about the rebooted version, which was the one that I played. So you can partially ignore that. I think the idea of them is that one disc was LEARNING ONLY and one was FUN ONLY, which was incredibly stupid and counterintuitive. Think you had to earn time to spend on the "fun disc."

FallDownBear
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by PicoRiveraCalifornia Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:15 pm

The Jumpstart 4th Grade game you mentioned was the re-release because the original (Haunted Island) was probably deemed too scary for kids.
PicoRiveraCalifornia
PicoRiveraCalifornia
Adventurer

https://www.youtube.com/PicoRiveraCalifornia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down