Junior Adventures Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Troubleshooting FAQ

Go down

Troubleshooting FAQ Empty Troubleshooting FAQ

Post by MrEightThreeOne Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:34 pm

As the Humongous games continue to age, we always run into more and more problems. I'm going to try and resolve some of the more frequently asked stuff here first. If I'm unsure or you found another solution, notify me and I'll fix it.

I can't run the games because I use a 64-bit computer. Help?
Copy the game files to your hard drive, delete the EXE file, and rename GAMENAME.W32 to GAMENAME.EXE. This will turn the file into a readable 32-bit EXE file, rather than a 16-bit EXE that just executes the W32.

When I play the classics, I get an error involving WinGs and I need to install the game, but I can't because I don't use Windows 3.1.
These are age-old files that aren't included directly in modern versions of Windows. There are WinG installers in the folders, so you can install them there.

When I play the classics, I don't get any sound.
I don't know how to fix this at the moment. Some computers have sound cards that the classics don't agree with. Thus, since it can't see your sound card, you won't hear anything. You could try finding some drivers it might recognize, but I can't make any guarantees.

When I play the classics, there are areas where I can't see a thing because the screen blacks out, and I have to clear it up.
Run the game in 256-color mode. To do such, right click the games .EXE file, click Properties, go to the Compatibility tab, and check the box that says "Run in 256 Colors". This will fix the issue.

When I play the older games, I have a huge ugly black border around the game, and it appears in a small box in the center making it hard to see.
The older games don't adjust your screen resolution. You'll have to fix this using compatibility mentioned above. Follow the same steps, but when you get to the Compatibility tab, also check "Run in 640 x 480 Screen Resolution", though it may also be wise to check "Run in 256 Colors" as well. You also want to run it in Compatibility Mode for Windows 98/ME, because some games don't readjust the resolution when you exit the game.

I will add more to the list as time moves on, but these are the most common problems I've heard so far.
MrEightThreeOne
MrEightThreeOne
Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/legoking831

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum