Junior Adventures Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adiboo Magical Playground

2 posters

Go down

Adiboo Magical Playground Empty Adiboo Magical Playground

Post by Pizzaking27 Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:49 pm

Adiboo (aka Adiboo Magical Playground) was a 1999 videogame by French developers Coktel Vision about a little boy who lived in his house with his yellow dog (which had a spring for his feet). There was a lot of things to do in the game as it was clever and hilarious complete with a breakout game, a facemaker, and a Sims-type minigame. Unfortunately, the game was ruined when Coktel Vision released Adiboo 3D in 2001, complete with a Geographic Flexability, and new characters. And then there were the 2 platformers for the PSX (Paziral's Secret) and the PS2 (The Energy Thieves).

Does anyone else remember playing this game? I used to have it, but the discs were going pretty badly, and had to be tossed out. I have yet to find another copy if I can.

Some interesting facts:
The protagonist is based off of another Coktel Vision character called Adi, who also had many edutainment games.
Some releases of the game came with an additional learning activity center CDROM, which had many learning activities to try out.
Both games run off of the Gob engine, which was used to run many Coktel Vision titles, most notably the Gobliins series.
In mid-late 2012, it is said that the Adiboo games will be supported on an upcoming build of ScummVM.

In case anyone's curious, I liked playing the Sims-type minigame for some reason! I would always crack up when the characters would fight with each other, and speak in such nonsensical babble! Ah, memories!

Last edited by Pizzaking27 on Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Pizzaking27
Pizzaking27
Adventurer

Location : 16 Gatekeeper Close, Braintree, Essex, United Kingdom

http://pizzaking27.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Adiboo Magical Playground Empty Re: Adiboo Magical Playground

Post by Onfy Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:03 pm

Adi and Adiboo were created by French company Coktel Vision. They were owned by Sierra at the time. Coktel also made the Gobliiins series, which was distributed by Sierra in the United States. The 3rd also suffered some executive meddling. It was called Goblins Quest 3 to be in line with games like King's Quest, Space Quest, Ass Quest, etc.

Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/Obscurenforeign

Back to top Go down

Post by Pizzaking27 Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:33 pm

GeorgeQGreg wrote:Adi and Adiboo were created by French company Coktel Vision. They were owned by Sierra at the time. Coktel also made the Gobliiins series, which was distributed by Sierra in the United States. The 3rd also suffered some executive meddling. It was called Goblins Quest 3 to be in line with games like King's Quest, Space Quest, Ass Quest, etc.

Oh, I didn't know that!

Heh, Ass Quest! That game must be a Suspicously Similar Substitute to Leisure Suit Larry! Freddi: Laughing Luther: BAHAHAHA!
Pizzaking27
Pizzaking27
Adventurer

Location : 16 Gatekeeper Close, Braintree, Essex, United Kingdom

http://pizzaking27.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum