Junior Adventures Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is there any way for me to rip the subtitles from the game data?

3 posters

Go down

Is there any way for me to rip the subtitles from the game data? Empty Is there any way for me to rip the subtitles from the game data?

Post by -Sam- Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:40 am

So I know modding of HE games is pretty much nonexistent, save for the ability to rip audio clips, but...

Surely viewing something that is just text would be easier than ripping music or image files. I've tried brute-forcing it in just trying to open the various .HE# files in notepad with various encoding settings, but that's about the extent of my abilities. I've come up with zilch in the lines of dialogue-lines.

Spoiler:
-Sam-
-Sam-
Roamer

Back to top Go down

Is there any way for me to rip the subtitles from the game data? Empty Re: Is there any way for me to rip the subtitles from the game data?

Post by Windows TV Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:37 pm

Yeah it's possible, Open up the .(a) or .HE1 or .hea into a HEX editor, open up the interpreter provided by the HEX editor Insert the Command then type 69 $ then the HEX address after, once from there search your Text and you will be able to read it
Windows TV
Windows TV
Adventurer

https://www.youtube.com/c/OfficialWindowsTV

Back to top Go down

Is there any way for me to rip the subtitles from the game data? Empty Re: Is there any way for me to rip the subtitles from the game data?

Post by -Sam- Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:06 pm

Windows TV wrote:Yeah it's possible, Open up the .(a) or .HE1 or .hea into a HEX editor, open up the interpreter provided by the HEX editor Insert the Command then type 69 $ then the HEX address after, once from there search your Text and you will be able to read it

Ah, so there is a way!  Which hex editor are you using?  I have HxD, but I don't see the options that you are talking about.  Should I be using a different program?

*edit* I've also downloaded Hex Workshop.
-Sam-
-Sam-
Roamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Onfy Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:19 pm

Basically, the files are (mostly) XOR encrypted with hex code 69. I use xvi32 if that helps.

Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/Obscurenforeign

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down