Junior Adventures Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Putt Putt Joins the Parade Floppy Disk

4 posters

Go down

Putt Putt Joins the Parade Floppy Disk Empty Putt Putt Joins the Parade Floppy Disk

Post by Filmreelriley Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:04 pm

I recently acquired an original 1992 floppy disk copy of "Parade". I have yet to locate a drive to read the diskettes with, but I have a friend who's gonna let me borrow one I think. I'll try my best to identify any changes with this version. I've never actually played an original version of any of the "classics", since my copies are the '95 re-releases, so this'll be interesting.

Let me know if there's anything anyone you're curious about.

Here's a scan of the diskettes.

Putt Putt Joins the Parade Floppy Disk Scan0011

Filmreelriley
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Putt Putt Joins the Parade Floppy Disk Empty Re: Putt Putt Joins the Parade Floppy Disk

Post by Retrodude Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:40 pm

Man, what I wouldn't give for a copy of this and Moon. Hope to see the interesting changes soon.
Retrodude
Retrodude
Adventurer

https://www.youtube.com/user/JuniorAdventurer

Back to top Go down

Putt Putt Joins the Parade Floppy Disk Empty Re: Putt Putt Joins the Parade Floppy Disk

Post by Onfy Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:02 pm

Want me to mail you a disk drive? *grin*

Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/Obscurenforeign

Back to top Go down

Post by wileyk2012 Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:33 pm

Pretty neat! We had the CD-ROM version of "Parade" as a kid (complete with the old logo and cover artwork), but we DID have the floppy version of "Fatty Bear's Birthday Surprise."

But for "Putt-Putt Goes to the Moon," THAT game was optimized for CD-ROM. So when they came out with a floppy version, they just simply cut bits of dialogue and animation/characters to save space. The family of mice from Kansas and the alien telling you the distances of planets from the sun are gone, and at the Moon Bubble Apartments, all the tenants that give you directions are multi-colored bulls!

wileyk2012
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Filmreelriley Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:39 pm

wileyk2012 wrote:Pretty neat! We had the CD-ROM version of "Parade" as a kid (complete with the old logo and cover artwork), but we DID have the floppy version of "Fatty Bear's Birthday Surprise."

But for "Putt-Putt Goes to the Moon," THAT game was optimized for CD-ROM. So when they came out with a floppy version, they just simply cut bits of dialogue and animation/characters to save space. The family of mice from Kansas and the alien telling you the distances of planets from the sun are gone, and at the Moon Bubble Apartments, all the tenants that give you directions are multi-colored bulls!

^^ THAT would be a very interesting thing to play.

I have finally acquired a floppy disk drive and I have transferred all the files to my computer. Not surprisingly, the game on the IBM diskettes is the DOS version. It seems to be the same version found in the DOS folder on the CD-ROM from '95. The original cursor, and the higher-quality audio are there. No differences spotted yet.

However, there is an advert for Fatty Bear at the beginning. Not sure if that's different or not.

Filmreelriley
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Onfy Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:09 pm

There very definitely are differences. Go to the toy store for a super obvious one.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wileyk2012 Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:14 pm

Filmreelriley wrote:
I have finally acquired a floppy disk drive and I have transferred all the files to my computer. Not surprisingly, the game on the IBM diskettes is the DOS version. It seems to be the same version found in the DOS folder on the CD-ROM from '95. The original cursor, and the higher-quality audio are there. No differences spotted yet.

However, there is an advert for Fatty Bear at the beginning. Not sure if that's different or not.
The Fatty Bear preview was always there; it was also in the CD-ROM version. It used to say "COMING SOON", but some time in 1993 (I think) it was changed to "ALSO AVAILABLE." The latter is also on the Windows version.

Some other differences include there being a lot of mad-libs -type dialogue, very much like in the floppy version of "Fatty Bear's Birthday Surprise" (almost everyone here probably remembers "That's... three... balloons, Fatty Bear. Two... more to go!") The radio also only plays its opening announcement about the Cartown parade whenever you click it too.

wileyk2012
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Onfy Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:32 pm

Oh yeah, just remembered that Putt-Putt's conversation with Smokey is completely different.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Filmreelriley Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:03 pm

I am aware of the differences between the "normal" and DOS versions. I am still curious however if I will find any differences between the Floppy disk version and the DOS game available on the '95 disc

Filmreelriley
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Onfy Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:42 pm

The DOS version on the disc is simply CD-ROM version 1.1. What are you talking about?

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Filmreelriley Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:40 pm

I bought the Floppy disks to see if the game would be any different.

Filmreelriley
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Onfy Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:33 pm

It is.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Filmreelriley Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:46 pm

You've played it?

Filmreelriley
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Onfy Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:03 pm

The Hebrew translation.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down