Junior Adventures Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite Pajama Sam scavenger hunt

5 posters

Go down

Favorite Pajama Sam scavenger hunt Empty Favorite Pajama Sam scavenger hunt

Post by PicoRiveraCalifornia Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:35 am

As I sit here in my darkened room, accompanied by the glow of my laptop playing Pajama Sam: No Need to Hide When it's Dark Outside, this came to mind: What is your favorite scavenger hunt from the first 3 games?
PicoRiveraCalifornia
PicoRiveraCalifornia
Adventurer

https://www.youtube.com/PicoRiveraCalifornia

Back to top Go down

Favorite Pajama Sam scavenger hunt Empty Re: Favorite Pajama Sam scavenger hunt

Post by J2xp. Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:49 am

I'm amusing when you say "first 3 games" that the trading cards from 4 don't count. I'll just rank my favorites and why.

1. The Socks are probably my favorite (also probably the hardest) I just have fond memories searching high and low for those dang socks, and placing them in the basket.

2. The Puzzle in Pajama Sam 2 is very cool, the fact that it randomizes the images is really neat. Although having to go through the trouble of placing them is kinda a pain.

3. I actually like the trading cards From Pajama Sam 4, I think they are a neat idea and are a nice throw back to Pajama Sam 2 and the comics.

4. I would rank the box tops from Pajama Sam 3 as my least favorite, it was the easiest and most underwhelming for me.
J2xp.
J2xp.
Adventurer

https://www.youtube.com/user/st1ckykeys1

Back to top Go down

Post by PicoRiveraCalifornia Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:27 am

Yeah... I know that there are 4 games but I haven't played Pajama Sam 4 and from the reviews that I've heard, it's not that great.
PicoRiveraCalifornia
PicoRiveraCalifornia
Adventurer

https://www.youtube.com/PicoRiveraCalifornia

Back to top Go down

Post by J2xp. Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:21 pm

If you haven't played Pajama Sam 4, I recommend checking your local 7 Elevens until you find one that sells PC games, when you find one they usually have Pajama Sam 4.
I got my copy of the game for 99 cents. Freddi: Laughing Luther: BAHAHAHA! With the jewel case.
J2xp.
J2xp.
Adventurer

https://www.youtube.com/user/st1ckykeys1

Back to top Go down

Post by Onfy Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:36 pm

5 bucks here. I feel cheated...

Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/Obscurenforeign

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyrus7 Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:55 am

That's funny to say, my favourite was that trading cards hunt from Pajama Sam 4. Lots of cool info on Pajama Man universe Freddi: Cheering

Cyrus7
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nowhere Girl Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:10 pm

I also liked the trading cards from PS4 best. I haven't played the whole game yet, but I finally have it.
I really don't know why it tends to be so disliked... OK, there are two problems:
1. purely technical and probably limited to owners of "weak" computers such as laptops with overcrowded disks (---> tendency to overheat, that's why I have to play "heavy" games in "episodes" of about 10-20 minutes): much harder on the computer that Scumm games.
[Btw, it's strange what games make my computer overheat - quite a medley... A few browser puzzle games ("Jungle Magic", "Fishdom 2", "Sugar, Sugar"...), "Gabriel Knight 1", "The Silver Lining" ("King's Quest" continuation)... However, most games played either through DOSBox (D-Fend Reloaded, more precisely) or ScummVM don't cause any problems, and some of these games are quite large ("Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes", FM Towns "Loom"... why should rather simple browser games such as "Sugar, Sugar" be so much harder on the computer?
I'd definitely like to have a stationary computer and use the laptop just for travels or library work.]
2. The game feels more vague: Pajama Sam just has to find his comic book, in contrast to several connected tasks in other games. Therefore the game starts with just walking around not knowing what to do...
However, it also really has many advantages:
1. The graphics are gorgeous. The purple sky and lake - this screenshot really mesmerized me so much I just had to get this game.
2. The trading cards are very funny (so far the one I liked most is the Bad Guy Containment Unit).
3. The minigames - the cupboard is boring, but the trash minigame is really fun. (However, I guess the one I liked most was the board game from PS2 and it's a pity other games don't have such extras.)

Nowhere Girl
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Onfy Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:21 pm

I find the graphics to look a fair bit like the cdi games. (And Animation Magic's many other lovely titles. Then again, people said they had great graphics when they came out.) And the game just sort of has... a real boring atmosphere. And the engine being so heavy on even a new PC, that's stupid. Why is it like that? Actually, I found FTL also is strangely hard on CPU. And people like that game! Maybe both games have a hidden bitcoin miner!  Luther: BAHAHAHA!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nowhere Girl Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:51 am

Well, maybe my PC isn't that new... I'm not sure how old it is, my cousin, who works in that area (that is computers and other machines, he is a post-graduate student of the Technical University) gave me that one in exchange for my really old computer (produced around 1998) which he plans to either "conduct medical experiments on!!" or "take out its kidneys!!" (that's what I said when mocking around). I think my new computer must be about 5-6 years old.
Plus the real problems: all electronics in laptops are crowded in a small space, so these computers tend to overheat. My laptop hasn't been cleaned inside since I got it because I don't know how to do it. And it has much stuff on its disk... my work (translations), games, even lots of stuff related to my big cat mania - photos and clips of tiger cubs and so on...

I would agree the atmosphere in PS4 is somewhat boring, at least at this point, still the graphics are amazing. I also loved the graphics in PS1, even though I like this game least of the whole series...

Nowhere Girl
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nowhere Girl Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:19 am

Btw, another problem... i wonder if I could simply uninstall the game and reinstall it to a pendrive. This way the computer doesn't overheat, only the pendrive does. There are some games which can only be installed to a hard disk, I wonder what about this one. I guess I'll just give it a try anyway, however I'd prefer not to unistall it from the disk until I can be sure it would work.
I keep several large games on my biggest pendrive, including the "Juior Field Trip" series and VGA remake of "Space Quest 2".

Edit: OK, the preliminary impression is that the game should run much better from a pendrive. Still I don't want to risk overheating, so will split gameplay anyway...

Nowhere Girl
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Onfy Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:34 am

It's the CPU that does the hot thing.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nowhere Girl Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:11 pm

I know. But I have the impression that it's much better if the game is on a pendrive and not the hard disk.

Nowhere Girl
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Onfy Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:21 pm

It's not.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content