Junior Adventures Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Games Consoles do you have?

+8
CEO100able
Nowhere Girl
Letsplayer247
pezhead53
Hondo20132
MrEightThreeOne
Retrodude
Pizzaking27
12 posters

Go down

What Games Consoles do you have? Empty What Games Consoles do you have?

Post by Pizzaking27 Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:30 am

The name says it all.

I have:

Nintendo:

NES (1984-94) (doesn't work properly)
SNES (1991-7) (my first retro console I had. I got it for Christmas, along with Super Mario Allstars)
Gameboy (1990-1999) (doesn't work properly, but it does sometimes)
Nintendo 64 (1995-2003) ([Please Talk Properly] yeah! My favourite console in the world! Why? Because it has both Super Mario 64 and LEGO Racers for that console)
Gameboy Advance (2000-8) (my first videogame console ever, and my first videogame for it was Sonic Advance)
Gamecube (2001-7) (how cool of Nintendo to base this thing on a shape and name after it)
Wii (2005-) (I have this console downstairs)
3DS (2010-) (I love this console's ability to see 3D without the glasses)

Sega:

Genesis (1986-97) (my favourite game on this console is World of Illusion, because of its music! The only thing that sucks, is that I can't get sound out of my console anymore, and I'll doubt I'll get help, because none of you might've had one when they were little)
Gamegear (1989-97) (the rival to the Gameboy. Unlike the Gameboy, though, the screen's in colour, and the only melodic sound you'll get out of it is a square)
Dreamcast (1997-2002) (did I say, that the Nintendo 64 was my favourite console in the world? No, THIS is my favourite console in the whole wide world! Mark my words)

Sony:

Playstation (1994-2006) (OMG, that console had so many games, that they could all form a smiley face around the world)
Playstation 2 (1999-2012) (I have this console downstairs, but am planning on buy another PS2 UPstairs)

I'm still missing, but planning on getting:

Sega:

Saturn (1994-2000) (the Playstation's best friend)
Sega CD (1992-6) (some of the games on this console are rather interesting Sam: Thinking )

Other:

Phillips CD-i (1992-7) (if you need instructions on how to get through the hotel, check out the enclosed instruction book)
Panasonic 3DO (1992-7) (if I get my hands on this, I'm going to get mad)
Atari Jaguar (1992-6) (I've discovered that Rayman's on this console)
Anything else I can't remember due to the fact that I'm baked like Grandma's fresh apple pies.

Phew! That's a lot of consoles! I'm such a spoiled brat! Luther: Tada!
Pizzaking27
Pizzaking27
Adventurer

Location : 16 Gatekeeper Close, Braintree, Essex, United Kingdom

http://pizzaking27.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What Games Consoles do you have? Empty Re: What Games Consoles do you have?

Post by Retrodude Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:31 pm

Right now my main 2 are the Wii and the DS Lite. I'm likely going to be getting a 3DS for my birthday at the end of this month, too.
I also have a GBA SP, a GBC, and an NES my brother picked up at a flea market for cheap.
Retrodude
Retrodude
Adventurer

https://www.youtube.com/user/JuniorAdventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pizzaking27 Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:24 pm

Oh, so you're like legoking, I see?
Pizzaking27
Pizzaking27
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Onfy Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:34 pm

Pizzaking27 wrote:[Please Talk Properly] yeah!

Yeah! Let's talk properly!

Anyway, I've got an NES, a GBA, Gamecube, PS2, Wii, and DS. The GBA was my first real system, my first two games (got them simultaneously) were Mario Kart and Golden Sun! I think I got more enjoyment out of Mario Kart, don't think I could really understand an RPG like Golden Sun at the time. The Gamecube was my second ever (real) console. The first games I had were Mario Kart (again) and Luigi's Mansion, and I also had the gameboy player! The 3D graphics really blew me away, but my favourite thing to do was to use the gameboy player to play Hamtaro on my TV! Luther: Tada!

Before I had the gamecube, I had a Turboduo, and even before that I think I had one of those cheap Chinese NES clones! (It was so long ago I really can't remember.) Sadly as the Turboduo was one of the first disc-based consoles, and early CD drives had really sucky build quality, it broke many years ago. :( I've still got the games I had for it though, and nowadays I enjoy playing the CDs on emulators!

Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/Obscurenforeign

Back to top Go down

Post by MrEightThreeOne Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:41 pm

Wow, I installed a few word filters several months back and only now did it actually affect anyone.
Anyway, all I have right now is a Wii, the old huge model PS2, and a DS Lite. Haven't really gotten into retro consoles yet, but I'm more of a computer guy anyway...

Admin

https://www.youtube.com/user/legoking831

Back to top Go down

Post by Onfy Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:49 pm

[please talk properly] word filters... Anyway, I think I'm a computer guy too!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hondo20132 Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:48 pm

That's a lot of consoles, Pizzaking. Me, I have...
-Nintendo Wii (pretty awesome system with awesome games from an awesome brand)
-Nintendo 3DS (surprisingly, I haven't used this too often recently, but it does have a great array of games itself)
-Nintendo 64 (Got it for $20 off Amazon earlier this year... I only have two games for this right now, and I haven't used it recently unfortunately)

And one of my siblings has an Xbox 360, but most of the games we have for that don't match my taste, especially since a lot are licensed ones.
Hondo20132
Hondo20132
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pizzaking27 Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:47 am

Is one of your two Nintendo 64 games Super Mario 64? If it is, it is considered the best platformer Nintendo had ever even developed!
Pizzaking27
Pizzaking27
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by pezhead53 Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:05 am

Let's see:
3DS
DS Classic
GBA SP
GBA
GBC
Wii
GameCube
N64 (First system, DK64 was my first game)
SNES
NES
Dreamcast
Saturn
Genesis x2
Virtual Boy x2
Atari 2600
Playstation
pezhead53
pezhead53
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pizzaking27 Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:30 am

pezhead53 wrote:Let's see:
Saturn
Genesis x2
Virtual Boy x2...

Yeah, that console was rather sloppy, and was one of Nintendo's biggest old shames, having very little games for it. That's why it's the rarest console in the world. It seems to be the one console I'm least interested in! :P
Pizzaking27
Pizzaking27
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hondo20132 Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:25 pm

Pizzaking27 wrote:Is one of your two Nintendo 64 games Super Mario 64? If it is, it is considered the best platformer Nintendo had ever even developed!

Well, there's Banjo-Kazooie, a very similar game that is also highly appreciated by many. Though I really haven't played it as much as I should. The other game I have is Mario Party 3.
Hondo20132
Hondo20132
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Letsplayer247 Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:37 am

Lets see a Nintendo GameCube the silver one a black Nintendo ds lite a fat ps2 an original ps1 a white Nintendo wii one red one blue game boy advance sp i also have the original game boy advance and I also got a blue dsi

Now for the game consoles that don't work or are not mine. first off I got a non functional pink ds lite which use to be my sisters until it broke in half I did have a white ds lite until my sister used it and it broke in half and I did have a black game boy advance sp until it stopped charging.

Now for the consoles that are not mine. My dad has a few older game consoles he has a sega genisis model 2 and he also has 2 original Atari game consoles sitting in the garage. So those are the consoles I own
Letsplayer247
Letsplayer247
Roamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nowhere Girl Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:50 pm

I guess I'm an exception because I've never had any console. Now I feel my computer is enough - emulators for many different systems are available anyway - and when I was younger, my parents too believed that one computer is enough. I always only had a PC and only relatively recently I've noticed there are people who have more than one computer just for games.
Btw, an anecdote - the Oliver Twins, creators of Dizzy games (who started making games as teenagers), got their first computer mostly because their parents considered a console a waste of time, something "just for playing silly games" - however, computers were believed to be educational...

Nowhere Girl
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Onfy Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:54 pm

This was the reality in most of the world, in the 80s after the Atari crash, consoles were thought passé, but computers were cool because you could do all sorts of neat stuff. Then Nintendo brought their consoles to America and the rest they say, is history. This is starting to become much more reality though, once again, but now with mobile devices too! Cheap, mass produced chinese android things that play $1 games! Kind of neat, kind of terrible!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gymleaderben Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:41 pm

Nintendo
-Gameboy Color
-DS Lite
-3DS XL
-Gamecube
-Snes
-Wii (those black ones that have no gamecube peripheral compatibility)

Sony
-PS1
-PS2
-PS3

Sega
-Dreamcast

And...I think thats it!
gymleaderben
gymleaderben
Player

http://www.bakosy.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Onfy Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:26 pm

I'd like a Dreamcast someday.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gymleaderben Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:31 pm

Its got some really fun stuff like Jet Grind Radio and Space Channel 5
gymleaderben
gymleaderben
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Onfy Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:58 pm

And... hahaha... Seaman.

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gymleaderben Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:04 pm

As silly as the name and the game itself is, I'd love to try that game out. Just gotta get the peripherals.

Same with samba de amigo
gymleaderben
gymleaderben
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Onfy Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:15 pm

At least the Wii got Samba. Also you can get a mic fairly cheap from Japan.

Admin

Back to top Go down

What Games Consoles do you have? Empty Response

Post by CEO100able Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:29 pm

I have four video game consoles. Here's the list:

Sony:
*PlayStation 2 (This is actually an awesome console, plus this is my fourth video game console. I have the original SCPH-30001 model. I play both PS1 and PS2 games on it. I like buying games for this platform due to its popularity. In that case, the PlayStation 2 is the king of my video game consoles in my household.)

Microsoft:
*Xbox (Original) (This was my very first game console. I had this platform since 2008. I don't buy games for it very often because the popularity of this console is not quite as big as the PlayStation 2.)

Nintendo:
*GameCube (I like this console, but just like the original Xbox, I don't buy games for this console very often (but I like getting the GameCube-exclusive titles very often) because Nintendo fell behind during the sixth generation of game consoles. It is actually my third game console.)
*Wii (This is my second video game console. Wii Sports is one of my favorite Wii games. I actually have the Family Edition model, so when it comes to playing games on Nintendo consoles, this means I have to play on both my GameCube and Wii separately.)

I don't have any handheld consoles yet (e.g. Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS, PlayStation Portable, PlayStation Vita, etc.), but maybe someday in the future, I might get one of them.
CEO100able
CEO100able
Adventurer

https://www.youtube.com/user/CEO100able

Back to top Go down

Post by J2xp. Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:24 am

I guess I might as well share my "collection" to keep the forum alive, you could say I have a few consoles:

*Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) - My parent's original console, I only have eight games and I haven't hooked it up in ages because the pins are bent, but it's still really cool.

*Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) - Also my parent's original only have 4 games for the SNES, I really want more of the classics, but they're very expensive these days.

*Nintendo 64 - One of my favorites, I have nearly 30 games for it, I still play it today, I've logged thousands of hours into it.

*Gamecube - I have like 3 lol, I have very fond memories of this system.

*Wii - Also very fond memories, I remember being really hyped for games like Super Paper Mario, Galaxy and Brawl, and loving these and many other games.

*Wii U - Really underrated system with some great games and cool features. I'd recommend it.

*PlayStation - Very vague memories as a kid, I did not play it as much as the N64, but still nice to have.

*PlayStation 2 - Didn't play quite as much as the Gamecube, but I still remember playing Sly Cooper on it and having fun.

There's an Xbox original in my shed, think it was my brother's, and my brother has an Xbox 360 I rarely ever get to play.

As for handhelds:

Gameboy (1989) - Gift from my cousin a few Christmas's back, works great and is a cool gem.

Nintendo 3DS - Got it on launch day for the ridiculous price and small library of games, I really don't play it too much these days aside from Animal Crossing New Leaf, still really cool system.

I previously owned 2 DS lites, 2 DSi's, and a Gameboy Advance SP, the GBA SP I think is with my brother now, the DS's I think he might have or I got rid of. My brother also has a PSP which I sometimes borrow.

I was always more a console gamer as a kid, having few PC games outside of Humongous, or The Sims. Even today I pretty much only play console games..
J2xp.
J2xp.
Adventurer

https://www.youtube.com/user/st1ckykeys1

Back to top Go down

Post by TheBeatlesPkmnFan42 Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:11 pm

-NES
-SNES
-Wii
-Wii U
-Gameboy Advance
-Gameboy Advance SP
-Nintendo DS Lite
-Nintendo DSi
-Nintendo 3DS
-PlayStation
-PlayStation 3
-PSP
-PS Vita (my brother's, not mine)
-Xbox 360
-Xbox One
-PC

To be honest, I want every system eventually, but that's very unrealistic given how much new systems cost and how some older ones are rare and thus also cost a lot. But I just think it'd be cool to own every system so I can play every game.
TheBeatlesPkmnFan42
TheBeatlesPkmnFan42
Roamer

Back to top Go down

Post by gymleaderben Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:26 pm

TheBeatlesPkmnFan42 wrote:-NES
To be honest, I want every system eventually, but that's very unrealistic given how much new systems cost and how some older ones are rare and thus also cost a lot. But I just think it'd be cool to own every system so I can play every game.

ya gotta get yourself a colecovision or the wonderswan. Real high quality stuff haha
gymleaderben
gymleaderben
Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Onfy Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:23 am

Game.com!

Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down